Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 June 2000
This is one of the best books on spirituality I have ever read. The Swami explains in clear and lucid terms the timeless and inspiring teachings of the Himalayan sages. He gets straight to the heart of these teachings with simple and meaningful anecdotes and examples, sharing with us his own experiences. Many seekers will identify with the questions he raised, the answers to which he gives with amazing clarity, without any hint of mysticism.
If I was to name one book which has affected me most profoundly, it would be this one.
on 31 March 2013
Very enjoyable reading, couldn't put it down. It is written with humility; I did not learn until after reading it that Swami Rama was the yogi who was medically examined in the 1960's and found to have remarkable abilities. Not once does he mention his own achievement in his writing.

Spiritually fortifying, his words are full of wisdom and awareness.
on 28 December 2014
This is very inspiring book! Easy to read, practical and the one you cannot put down until you are done.
Probably one of the best books on spirituality. It is life story of the yogi, full of knowledge. You might want to read more of his books after reeding this.
Swami Rama represents lineage of Himalayan masters and their tradition is based on Patanjali sutras. For some it might be important tradition is clearly separated from any religion.
on 25 September 2015
Having read the Autobiography of a Yogi and being convinced that no other author/book is capable of evoking my spirituality as much as Paramahamsa Yogananda, I was pleasantly surprised that this book comes quite close! I put it down to the most entertaining anecdotes and a very honest introspection of himself which made me think that if this man, full of mortal folly and foible, has achieved spiritual advancement, then I sure have hope! :)
on 8 February 2015
As I am visiting India regularly and I am interested in Indian Philosphy . Swami Rama has a wonderful way to write about his studies and his spiritual way in the Himalayas. A wonderful guide for ones own life.
on 14 May 2013
This is so very good -easy to read, easy to digest, grows in depth as the author shares his life experiences. Have bought copies for friends.
on 16 April 2013
It's a very good experience to know the life of a yogi, each chapter teaches us different experience..!!a perfect companion
on 21 November 2015
I was very hopeful of learning so many things from this book but terribly disappointed. This book only tells stories.
on 19 July 2013
The book is excellent, but the print is too pale which makes it difficult to read. But I am happy to have this book.
on 15 June 2014
A truely great read for anyone. I couldnt put it down. This book is a teacher in every page. A great gift.