on 19 July 1999
There is much on the internet about Santo Daime, almost none of which accurately portrays the church or the religious and spiritual significance of the Daime. This book, however, is a deep discussion of the church, the doctrine and the Daime which offers a clear picture from a man who has traveled far on the spiritual path of the Santo Daime. Interested people, please read this book before reading anything else.
on 5 June 2007
I found this book wonderful, but sometimes a little OTT in terms of how the author feels about the plant and the church. The text is, in the main, rapture. As if immersion in the practice can be quite blinding, as if ecstatic communion with the divine may, in some cases, hinder decision/judgement generally.
A descriptive text would be more useful to the un-experienced, I reckon, because I was put off a bit by the worship.
on 6 October 2013
Not as full of info as I had expected. Does not draw and reflect too much on the tenets of their religion; Yet, I guess the religion is still in it's early stages of development; as some participants have said; it is emerging and developing as it goes along, so to speak. Worth a read if you fancy learning a bit more about the religions inception, etc. On a personal note, this religion is like all others; an interpretation of 'what is' through their own particular lens, which happens to be, in this case, a known syncretic mix of religions based on the lifes experience of the original founder of the Santo Daime cult, Raimundo Irineu.
on 24 July 1999
Sorry to use this space to talk. Your daughter is with good and experienced people and I'm sure is very well cared for. I will try to send word to have them contact you with more news. Please take heart, I am sure she will be fine.
on 18 July 1999
My daughter is in the Amazon and she is very ill. He and his wife are taking care of her (via letter I received). I still have not heard from her-it has been 6 weeks. I am worried sick. Please, can you get a message to him for me. Her name is Tammi Morgues. I need news-have no way of getting it-I understand the phone there is broken and she is too weak and bed-ridden..Please