5.0 out of 5 stars New ideas, a fresh approach to sound!
Published 21 months ago by Viltsu

1.0 out of 5 stars You MUST have something better to do with your time
What a load of pretentious nonsense.

I shouted that!

My neigbour, affected by that shout, now requires psychiatric help.

At least she will have a writer for company!!
Published 10 months ago by gordon stevens

5.0 out of 5 stars New ideas, a fresh approach to sound!, 5 Nov 2012
This review is from: Soundscape: Our Sonic Environment and the Tuning of the World (Paperback)
I was looking for a good book on sound propagation. I operate in the field of sound design and this book helped me think about sound in a completely new way. A more organic view is offered here and if you are looking for a good source book for noise pollution or an interesting recount of audio history i recommend this book for you. I am an audio engineer by schooling and this really offered an interesting aspect into sound design and also some interesting history.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound design inspiration & background info., 21 Feb 2010
Craig Farr (Bergen, Norway) - See all my reviews
A good and important read for people interested in sound design. Musicians and composers, as well as sound designers, will find interesting historical notes and references that I was not aware of prior to reading this book.
Well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic book on environmental sound, 23 April 1998
By A Customer
Top-notch writing about our sonic environment by an eminent Canadian composer. Reprint (with no changes) of a 1970s hardcover with a different title.

1.0 out of 5 stars You MUST have something better to do with your time, 11 Sep 2013
gordon stevens (FELIXSTOWE, Suffolk, GB) - See all my reviews
What a load of pretentious nonsense.

I shouted that!

My neigbour, affected by that shout, now requires psychiatric help.

At least she will have a writer for company!!

Soundscape: Our Sonic Environment and the Tuning of the World
Soundscape: Our Sonic Environment and the Tuning of the World by R. Murray Schafer (Paperback - 18 Nov 1994)
13.79