5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy addition to any commentaries on Luke!
Published 9 months ago by Keith Plant.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sent Direct
This was a gift to my grandson. He is really enjoying it. I can't comment in any detail because I have not seen this book myself.
Published 3 months ago by Mrs. H. H. Bradshaw

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy addition to any commentaries on Luke!, 21 July 2014
As my brother has said "you ignored JC Ryle at your peril!" I personally think he's made a very good point as I wouldn't think of preparing a sermon from the Gospels without checking his expository thoughts on the appropriate gospel first! As later with the gospel of John this is where Ryle started to expand on his initial exposition with extra notes on the text and the inclusion of comments from other writers. Ryle is always very thoughtful and concise with his comments on the text and his application is always excellent. But it is his additional notes that are so helpful here. By all means use of other commentaries if you are preparing Bible studies or sermons on Luke, but whatever you do don't ignore Ryle's 'Expository thoughts on Luke' as that would be a big mistake!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Valuable Commentary, 22 Feb. 2014
This commentary is well known among preaching ministers
and it is good to see that it is still widely available.

This copy was in good condition.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sent Direct, 23 Jan. 2015
Mrs. H. H. Bradshaw "Hazel" (Cheltenham UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars J.C.Ryle - good as ever, 16 May 2013
Nicholas APPLEBEE "Time redeeming" (Dorchester Dorset GB) - See all my reviews
Very readable and a great commentary to have on Luke,s Gospel. Beneficial to both the young Christian and for the Bible student.

Comt-CCC Luke (Crossway Classic Commentaries)
Comt-CCC Luke (Crossway Classic Commentaries) by J. C. Ryle (Paperback - 3 Oct. 1997)
Used & New from: £10.68