5.0 out of 5 stars Passing on a childhood memory, 5 Feb 2014
Ed.F "edz314" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Spacecraft 2000-2100, A.D. (Hardcover)
I remember the TTA books from the late 70s, the library in my resolutely post industrial central Scottish town was quite progressive then and had an excellent selection of science fiction books. I remember these for the hints of a wider story they represented, as well as the incredible artwork they used to hang the story around. To me this was the most successful of the TTA books, though perhaps SpaceWrecks was more evocative and thought inspiring, the combination of artwork, description and overall style wins out here for me. Lovely. Now to save up for the rest of the set, same as 35 years ago. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose eh?

5.0 out of 5 stars TTA Handbook series, 28 April 2014
Sussman "Sussman" (London CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Spacecraft 2000-2100, A.D. (Hardcover)
Another excellent book from the TTA Handbook Series. I remember this title as part of a series of hardback editions from the late 1970s and early 1980s. The marriage of the images/colour plates of Spacecraft 2000-2100, A.D. with various short stories, which were tailored around them, was very enthralling and highly imaginative. It’s a real pity that they have not been republished I am sure there would be a market for them – I would certainly buy the whole set again, but not at some of the prices listed here under the sold as ‘new’.

Spacecraft 2000-2100, A.D.
Spacecraft 2000-2100, A.D. by Stewart Cowley (Hardcover - Oct 1978)
Used & New from: £5.10