5.0 out of 5 stars The Dreaming Tree is great!
Published on 8 Jan. 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars The writing is as good as ever but I did find I would be ...
Published 5 months ago by Other Realms Book Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dreaming Tree is great!, 8 Jan. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Dreaming Tree: "Dreamstone" and "Tree of Swords and Jewels" (Mass Market Paperback)
My dad loves C. J. Cherryh books, so he has all these copies of her books. The dreaming Tree used to be called Arafel's Saga, and I have a copy of that. I've read the first book The Dreamstone, and now I'm in love with C.J.Cherryh's books! Arafel is the last of the Dione Sidhe, or elves, who lives in the last part of a magical forest called Eald, a forest that once covered the entire earth. Everything in this book centers around Eald, and many magical things happen. Every fantasy lover should read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The most beautiful book I've ever read., 15 Jun. 2001
By A Customer
If you don't read this, you haven't lived! This book captures every emotion that has ever entered the heart, from love and joy, to honour, to the more ugly emotions such as hatred. It takes you back thousands of years to a time when the world was a simpler place, and makes you wish you could rediscover the Ealdwood, even in the twenty first century... I will never, ever forget this book, it makes you look at the world in a new way.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dreaming Tree: "Dreamstone" and "Tree of Swords and Jewels", 4 Jan. 2010
Ms. Lynne Farrer "bfcno1fan" (Ilkley, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a really good book, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves fantasy novels. The only down side is that it's not published in the UK so you do have to wait a bit longer for shipment from the US, but it's well worth the wait. I have nine chapters to go in the second book, which is a bit easier to read than the first one as there is more story to it. I would recommend that buyers persevere with this book as it does get better the further you get in to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best(est) fairy tale ever !, 19 Oct. 1998
By A Customer
I bought this book 15 years ago or so and there's hardly a day that passes without me thinking about it. It's such a beautifull story, so well written, it wraps you up and never let you go again. Haunting ? yes, in a good sence.

3.0 out of 5 stars The writing is as good as ever but I did find I would be ..., 11 Sept. 2014
The elven kingdom of Eald has shrunk to only a small portion of woodland that only a very special few can enter. Here the last remaining Sidhe lives and defends her people against the oncoming onslaught of Men and there weapons of iron. This is an omnibus of two books 'The Dreamstone' and 'Tree of Swords and Jewels'. The writing is as good as ever but I did find I would be jarred out of the story when I came across one of the welsh names I had no idea how to pronounce! This was occasionally annoying but overall the story was a good one and I did enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A haunting piece of well-researched fantasy..., 6 July 1999
By A Customer
I read these two books years ago when I was in middle-school. It entranced me, and though I forgot it for some time, the story popped into my head the other day and I've located it. The legends and myth-lore it contains are equally as captivating as the story. I am thrilled to have remembered Arafel!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book!, 9 Aug. 1998
By A Customer
I read this book many years ago. I am glad to see it in reprint as I will be ordering this one to keep. It concerns the last of the Sidhe and her stuggle to hold her own against man. It will make you cry.

The Dreaming Tree: "Dreamstone" and "Tree of Swords and Jewels"
The Dreaming Tree: "Dreamstone" and "Tree of Swords and Jewels" by C.J. Cherryh (Mass Market Paperback - May 1998)