5.0 out of 5 stars This book read my MIND!
Published on 5 April 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the read
I found this book quite hard going, but definitely worth the effort. Not a book to read on the journey to work, more for a meditative or devotional time. Excellently written but very deep.
Published 16 months ago by Colleen Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars This book read my MIND!, 5 April 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The True Measure of a Woman: You are More Than What You See (Inner Beauty Series) (Paperback)
.This book is excellent. Lisa walks you through pages of reflections of her life and inturn has you do the same of your own. I was so blessed and inspired when I finished this book. To those who are going to buy this book, (and I highly recommend it, as a matter of fact, I am ordering copies as gifts right now) find a quiet place, search your heart chapter after chapter, and rid yourself of that OLD baggage and find a new way to think about yourself and others.
God has really opened my mind to the way we as women should measure ourselves and stop focussing on our outer-self so much.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the read, 23 Mar 2013
Colleen Brown "funkychick" (Newcastle upon Tyne, Englanfd) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars The true measure of a woman, 31 Oct 2012
In this book, Lisa challenges women to find their true lasting identity in God. As she shares her heart, one is confronted with own fears and like issues which only God can resolve. We are indeed what God says we are and not what everybody thinks or tells us. The book is very encouraging and so worth a read.

Eunice Stuhlhofer
Author of Something In Your Hand

3.0 out of 5 stars Focus on your inner beauty, 2 Jan 2011
Sara Boltman (Cricklade) - See all my reviews
This book is aimed at helping Christian women to block out a lot of the unhelpful and unattainable media images of stick thin perfect women out there who somehow manage to combine motherhood with an acting/singing/modelling career. She doesn't suggest that women of faith should neglect themselves, quite the opposite - her point is that God gave you your body and your talents, to honour Him you should maintain it properly. This is a more powerful argument than I've found in most self help books, so if you want some advice on how to balance your priorities in terms of your diet/exercise/career/faith this is a good start.

5.0 out of 5 stars thought provoking and truly down to earth., 10 Jun 2014
I loved the honest,candid style of writing. I was able to identify myself with Lisa Bevere and feel released as each chapter unfolded.

A truly fantastic book to help identify your strongholds and have the courage to release them and become the woman of God you have always wanted to be.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book that will challenge you to embrace how God sees and values you!!, 27 Feb 2010
E. Zinck - See all my reviews
Such a good book! Worth the read.
Lisa challenges you to look at yourself through God's eyes...and to live in that reality.
It has really spoke to me and I hope it will for you too :-)

Used & New from: 0.01