5.0 out of 5 stars This book is almost as glamorous as the eggs!
Rarely have I picked up a book and been so overwhelmingly impressed! Faberge eggs are glamorous and beautiful and this book matches them for 'wow factor'.

Published on 14 Sep 2006 by Martin Pipe

2.0 out of 5 stars Over priced
Having looked at new prices for this book 85.95 and 122.53, I was expecting a very fine book.

However I paid 19.99 plus only to find the new price of the book printed on the inside of the dust jacket of 22.40 ($35) and was disappointed .
Published 11 months ago by Caroline Leonard

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is almost as glamorous as the eggs!, 14 Sep 2006
Martin Pipe "martinpipe3" (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faberge Eggs: Masterpieces from Czarist Russia (Hardcover)

Each egg in the book is illustrated in full colour - one egg per page! On the opposite page to each photograph is a description of the egg, the date of it's manufacture, who created it and who it was for originally. A few of the eggs have two full page illustrations each so that it's beauty can be seen in glorious close-up or with it's surprise opened out for extra clarity.

If I was to be picky I'd say I was disappointed with the photo of the Siberian Railway Egg because the egg itself is over ten inches in height and whilst the page is ample big enough to hold a full-size illustration, the egg is shown much reduced in size. Okay the reason is that the little model of the train that came with it is shown in detail so I suppose you can't have everything. As I said, I'm being picky.

I can't recommend this book highly enough. If you want a touch of true glamour and luxury on your coffee table, then this is the book to get.

2.0 out of 5 stars Over priced, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Faberge Eggs: Masterpieces from Czarist Russia (Hardcover)

Faberge Eggs: Masterpieces from Czarist Russia
Faberge Eggs: Masterpieces from Czarist Russia by Susanna Pfeffer (Hardcover - 18 April 1991)
Used & New from: 17.12