5.0 out of 5 stars Small Garden? Love plants? This is a must have book, 24 Mar. 2010
Michele Morris (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Gardens in Small Spaces: Out-of-the-Box Advice for Boxed-in Gardeners (Hardcover)
I bought this book after reading a magazine review and I am very glad that I did. I'd say it's a 'must have' for those of us with pocket handkerchief size gardens, but who love growing plants. It's an inspirational read and just goes to show how much you can cram into even a tiny space. It doesn't matter if you want to grow ornamentals &/or a bit of fruit and veg, Mr Cox will leave you with lots of ideas. What's more, it's a darn good read too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just got a bigger garden, 4 July 2011
I've got loads of gardening books and this one is a breath of fresh air. Written in a humorous and accesible style, it makes you realise how much possible space there is.Realistic and practical about fitting it all in, balancing other needs (kids/storage/time)and being creative.It really is for small gardens,the photos aren't of small bits of big gardens, as can often be the case. Instead of yearning for a bigger garden, I've realised the potential places I have, just made an alpine shed roof.My garden just got much bigger

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 21 Jan. 2014
I really like this book. It's neat, nice, clear, and it helps me with looking at my limited - very limited - space in a more optimistic light. Do you have itty-bitty space but love plants? Marry the two, and this book might help you with that. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars just right for what I want to know, 29 Nov. 2013
Although I have not systematically read the book, the parts I wanted to know about are well explained and I have now got ideas on how to improve use of space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 July 2014