5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!!, 23 Jan 2006
This review is from: Smart Start for Your Baby: Your Baby's Development Week by Week During the First Year and How You Can Help (Paperback)
This book in so helpful. I use it every week. I have to say I am not using it to the point - but it does give you a guideline on how to help your baby develop. I dont feel that my son is a failure if he is not developing completely as the book says.
I used it to help my son rollover and I have recommnded it to all my friends.
It is slightly american, but you can bypass that.
BUY THIS BOOK!!

5.0 out of 5 stars get this book!!!!, 7 Jan 2006
leanne keavey (warrington, cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My daughter has just turned 1, and i have had to put this book away, its a shame because it has been fantastic, i highly recomend this to any new mum.
It gives a breakdown of what your baby can do week by week, and if you read a week in advance & a week behind, it covers everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 22 May 2005
By A Customer
This book is fantastic for helping you understand your baby's stage of development with ideas for how to educate and entertain them week by week. When your baby is doing all the things the book says they will probably be doing, it makes you feel you've really achieved something!!! An excellent book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on :), 6 Dec 2008
T. Carter "Teri" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is great. I really wanted a book that broke down each week of my new baby's development and this book does just that. Each week it looks at the physical development (growth, movements etc), cognitive (visual, coordination, recognition etc) and psychological (emotions, imitation, relationships etc). It then offers activites and ideas to help develop and progress these areas. Its also useful to see what stage my baby should be at.
Ive had so much fun trying out the activities with my 8 week old boy and seeing how well he is doing.
A fab book - would recommend it to any mum who loves spending quality time with their little ones and helping them develop!

5.0 out of 5 stars A genuinely excellent and PRACTICAL baby book, 20 July 2008
I can only concur with the reviews so far. This is a fabulous book that has week-by-week stimulating activities that have had me and the babies in fits of giggles. It has no agenda, doesn't lecture or patronise and is quick and easy to dip into. I am surprised it is so little known and quite hard to track down; it's by far the most thumbed of my baby books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, 22 July 2013
I was very keen to read up on my baby's development and find out what I can do to help encourage her development. This book has been very helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart Start for your Baby, 2 April 2011
Ms. S. E. F. Trimmer (UK) - See all my reviews
Very useful, informative book - especially for first time parents who are not sure what to expect from their child and when!

4.0 out of 5 stars a bit over the top, 22 Dec 2010
It's not such a bad book really, but a bit over the top. it's got different sections for different parts of the babies development and what you can do with your child. It's good for first time mums that actually want to interact with their child instead of putting him/her in front of the TV. But the book seems to preempt a lot of developmental stages as if the baby follows you around the room as soon as it's born (not quite, but it felt a bit pushy that way).
Saying that, I only read the book for 9 months or so (then I went back to work and didn't have quite as much time anymore), it's quite repetitive, and could have been done way shorter and more readable.

But I feel it wasn't a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five star loved this book and read it so much it now looks a hundred years old highly recommended, 28 Jan 2010
M. Mckenna - See all my reviews
My baby was premature and I wanted to help him achieve his milestones and this kept us all on track and gave me something helpful to work towards...a lovely easy read that is fascinating.

ARRAY(0xaa0071b0)