5.0 out of 5 stars Lon Milo DuQuette is a Magician's Magician, 10 July 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Tarot of Ceremonial Magick (Cards)
From as far back as I can remember I wanted to be a magician. Not any magician mind you, but a magician like Merlin in King Arthur's Court. A magician that could fly, walk on water, become invisible and do all sorts of wondrous things. That's what I wanted to be. I still do. But age has tempered my dreams. Now I want to fly in the Inner Worlds, walk on the scintillating water of the subconscious, become invisible to the negative forces of this world and change myself. To be truly loving and compassionate would be nice and I do try. But in my present human condition I fall fare short of perfection in this or anything else.
It's magick that makes these things possible. Lon Milo DuQuette is a magician, a magician's magician. He teaches in a simple and straight-forward manner. He makes complicated ritual uncomplicated and easy to replicate. He brings the Qabalah down to elementary terms easily understood. He removes confusion concerning the Cube of Space. All these things he teaches in a non-threatening and humorous manner.
His book is filled with more information than I can probably digest in a lifetime. He does a good job ilustrating the paths on the Tree of Life for the 22 Trumps and explaining the 10 Paths for the pip cards...The deck is the standard size and quality we have come to expect from U.S. Games, larger than a poker deck but not too large to handle easily. Each card contains information about astrology and two systems of magick. The court cards also contain the I-Ching hexagrams. The Magical systems are the Enochian and Goetia which are adequately explained in the text...
If you aspire to being a magician, a ceremonial magician, a ritualist, a scholar of magick, or diviner of magick, this deck and book is good place to start. If you want to mold yourself into a better person, to change yourself like magick, this is great place to start.
a review by Alexander DeGrate, The American Tarot Association Newsletter, Spring 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars AN EXCELLENT ORACLE AND EDUCATOR, 27 May 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Tarot of Ceremonial Magick (Cards)
I own the deck and book and i am pleased to say that Lon Milo DuQuette has both met and exceeded my already high expectations of his work. This deck has for me been a valuable tool and and a great teacher of different forms of magick. For an individual who wants to diversify his/her education this deck definately will help. The book that was written for it is also of great help and i would highly recommend it to you. All in all i give this deck a 10!

The Tarot of Ceremonial Magick
The Tarot of Ceremonial Magick by Lon Milo DuQuette (Cards - 31 May 1995)
Used & New from: £52.25