5.0 out of 5 stars Morgan meets the eye...
Published on 18 May 2006 by Louise Stanley

2.0 out of 5 stars español anyone !?!
this deck is spanish. . . amazon need to make this known in the main product heading!!!!
Published on 27 Jun 2009 by inonthekilltaker

2.0 out of 5 stars español anyone !?!, 27 Jun 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Morgan meets the eye..., 18 May 2006
Louise Stanley (Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Morgan-Greer Tarot: 78-Card Deck (Cards)
This is an incredible deck. Bold, bright colours, busy images and a very 70s prog-rock feel to it make it probably the most accessible tarot deck on the market, beating all others hands down. Although the more esoteric tarot readers might be more drawn towards the Aleister Crowley Thoth deck or some of the more pagan or mythology-oriented decks on the market (and I am also not joking when I say you can get a Hello Kitty tarot deck...from the sublime to the ridiculous), the Morgan-Greer is probably the best Rider-Waite deck on the market.

The bright colours and sturdy feel of the cards make it an exciting deck to hold, and the dynamic poses compliment the figures as you stare them full in the face. The heartbreak inherent in the 3 of Swords is intensified, as is the beauty of the Empress and Star and innocence of the Fool. Death and the Devil have been criticised as being overtly evil-looking cards by some reviewers, but this is probably reflective of the intensity of the deck as a whole rather than the more laid-back allegorical approach of the original Rider-Waite or the flaccid anaemia of the Sharman-Caselli (which makes the latter difficult to read for intense situations and will probably relegate it for me, now that I have this deck in my hands, to giving Cosmopolitan readers career advice rather than for serious dabblers in the magickal arts like myself). The full-blooded pages, knights, kings and queens radiate the magickal energy within all of us; they are real people rather than allegories, which makes this deck much more psychic than psychological. In the Sharman-Caselli, my favourite card was the indecisive, blind and rather shy 2 of Swords. In this deck, my favourite card shows a progression - the intense, confident and serene Queen of Rods. My psychic journey has evidently moved on into contentment and ease with my abilities and with this deck I feel more intimately involved with my psyche and its talents, and able to use them for the purpose for which they were given to me.

It may well be that the intensity of this deck does let it down in some areas where the situation is more ambiguous; for example the 4 of Swords, meant to express restful healing and patient waiting, suggests instead the Sword of Damocles dangling over a blissfully unaware sleeper - suggesting not so much healing sleep and recuperation as treachery, danger, and ambush.

Possibly as my "Fool's Journey" intensifies and life steps up a gear from a mere observer to a participant once again, I may benefit from using this active deck rather than the passive Sharman-Caselli. I received this deck on the day that I heard of the death of an MP, which occasions a by-election. As card of the day I drew the 3 of Swords - heartbreak. If my instincts are right, the heartbreak refers not to the death - for death is not the end of our existence, and for the MP in question it may have been a blessed relief to leave the pettiness of the mortal world for the loving and perfect nature of that beyond. Death is usually more heartbreaking for those left alive, particularly in the dog-eat-cat world of political harum-scarum. The Morgan-Greer is my companion of choice as we embark together on this more active stage of my career, leaving behind other decks with whom I have been a mere spectator.

2.0 out of 5 stars Less of a review more a warning..., 8 Nov 2007
This review is from: Morgan-Greer Tarot: 78-Card Deck (Cards)
For those who join me in the quick glance method of purchase look twice. Spanish? Yes all names are in spanish so be wary... On the other hand the cards are all bold and highlight the true area of interest in the images.

All cards are a good weight and are comfortable to work with. Great if you can read spanish...

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a must have!, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Morgan-Greer Tarot: 78-Card Deck (Cards)
It's a must have! This is absolutely beautiful deck. I would recommended to beginners as well as those advanced Tarot readers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy!!!, 21 July 2011
This review is from: Morgan-Greer Tarot: 78-Card Deck (Cards)
I ordered this pack without realising it is all in Spanish and now I am having to sort out sending them back - what a nightmare. They took over 3 weeks to come and now have to go back !!! Amazon needs to make it very clear in the heading that these are not English !!!!

ARRAY(0xa1d4bc54)

Morgan-Greer Tarot: 78-Card Deck
Morgan-Greer Tarot: 78-Card Deck by Lloyd Morgan (Cards - Jun 1988)
14.45