on 28 March 1999
This was the third deck I have used, and in my opinion is the best. The symbolism of herbs and plants for every card allows for deep, intuitive knowledge of the cards. Design- and symbolism-speaking, these cards are rather like the traditional Waite, although there is more gender and ethnicity balance than the Waite. The booklet included with the deck alone is really quite sparse, and has virtually nothing on the herbs featured on the cards. I reccomend the deck-and-book set, as the companion book is excellent and goes into good detail and symbolism. Included with the cards is a rather useless piece of paper with the Celtic Cross Spread lain out on it. I reccomend you simply throw this away; the cards are not the right size for the squares, and it is not even made for the Herbal Tarot, as the publisher apparently puts this in all the sets. Overall, this is an excellent tarot with a deep knowledge and understanding of the Earth and our minds.
on 24 July 2009
I have used these for a long time now and am on my second set...i like the way they have associated a herb with each card..i like the pictures too and i recommend this set for anyone beginner or experienced user...