Format: Cards|Change

on 5 January 1999
Roger vonOeck's WHACK series -- cards, books, etc -- are an outstanding way to boost your level of creative thinking in many areas of life: professional, personal, and even parenting/relationships! Whack-y approaches to perception and problem solving foster a "don't panic" mentality in troubleshooting and problem-solving with their upbeat attitude, but don't let that fool you into thinking that they are not the seriously useful tools they are. Highly recommended, R.vanO's WHACK and related materials will enhance your way of thinking and doing almost anything to which you apply their concepts! 0:) S.Mako
on 31 October 1997
I acquired a copy of this product two+ years ago. It encouraged me to be an "explorer" in my thinking. The first card I picked was the card to "Drop Assumptions". Applying this principle in the course of the next hour--I shaved two to three days off my project schedule! It payed for itself many-many times over. Excellent product - BUY.
on 26 May 1996
What's the best way to whack yourself to a more creative way of life?
Surely the Creative Whack Pack is one of the more practical systems to problem solving for anyone.
I bought one sometime ago, now I'm buying four more for my colleagues at work and for Christmas I'll be buying some more.
I think everyone should have a pack of this cards because everyone sometimes feels stuck with a problem to the point that he is unaware of other possible solutions. The ideas in this pack help to look at the perplexing issue from many different perspectives. Sooner or later one may see the light, an open door, most likely many, many doors leading to numerous possible solutions. These cards are a valuable tool for brainstorming ideas, prompting the person to think of ideas that might have never crossed his mind otherwise. The wonderful think about coming out with creative ideas is that you also have lots of laughs while you're doing it because you begin to think of wild, whacky and outrageously fun things.
This pack of cards is based upon 2,500 ideas with an illustration of how these thoughts and ideas have been used in modern contexts. Undoubtedly they can be used to trigger new lines of thought and to turn your thinking upside down. However, my gut feeling is that good as this product is, and I would highly recommend it, this is not the only game in town. Consider also the rival product. This product may be slightly in need of refreshing. In particular we are creative when we "play" with ideas. It just needs a bit of extra zing to get my top marks but buy it unless something better comes along.
on 3 November 2009
Really useful and simple tool that stimulates the thought processes. I would strongly recommend this for anyone serious about problem solving or even just taking a different look at things.
on 22 May 2012
I bought my whack pack 12 years ago, while part of a leadership programme. A colleague introduced it to me.
12 years on, I'm still using it. Not every day by any means, but when I feel 'stuck', can't think what to do next, it's great for making you think a bit laterally - and uncannily 'perceptive'. Weird how the right cards seem to appear. Maybe thats why it's so clever. Whatever you pick, you can apply the answer to your question in a way that helps you see the wood and think differently. Used it in team meetings at work too when we have a problem to resolve. Good fun. Highly recommend.
on 26 February 2014
These are fab little cards that would help any creative, be it advertising, writing or graphics and art. Designed to make you see things in a lateral rather than a linear way, it aids your perception and challenges your preconceived ideas. Really quick delivery and would also make a good gift for any creative person.
on 20 October 2010
This useful little deck of cards contains many ideas and thought to jolt teams and individuals into thinknig creatively. Use these to kick-start team meetings, when you need inspiration or when you're in a rut. I often pick one to start my day and prevent 'same old, same old'.
on 1 February 2008
A comprehensive toolkit to creatively kick-start nearly any new project or venture. Worth ever penny!