on 7 February 2008
Amazon seems to have in some way confused the deck of cards and the book about the deck (both having exactly the same title), the two reviews I saw were cloned across both. I did not realise this when I ordered and accidently got the book rather than the deck believing it to also contain a deck of cards.
The book by Cynthia Giles is very informative about the deck and russian history, something that has often interested me, but unfortunately may not be of as much use to me untill the deck that I have just now ordered arrives.
Just something to be aware of before purchasing.
on 29 December 2009
This deck really gives you a nice, old fashioned feeling. The Russian stylised imagery and figures are fairly simple and very small in detail but really draw you in. There is enough Rider-Waite symbolism to be able to bond with it and understand it, although this deck didn't really offer much in new perspective and insights. The pips are all illustrated.

I highly recommended this original and friendly deck, it makes you feel good inside and is very functional to read with.
on 3 May 2016