5.0 out of 5 stars Great deck
This is the first deck I've hunted down by name rather than buying on impulse, having seen a friends deck.

What compelled me to buy most was the Minor Arcana. While the Major Arcana is normally straightforward enough for me, I struggle with the Minor Arcana. Until now.

Published on 23 Nov 2007 by A. H. Robinson

1.0 out of 5 stars Spoilt by trademarks
This cards could be really beautiful, the artwork is class. It is just such a shame that the final product is not so good as it could be. They have the trademark numbers printed on the front and back side of each of the cards. This makes what would be perfectly symmetrical design no more. Be aware unless you don't use reversals. For me waste of money.
Published on 22 Dec 2010 by Evei

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deck, 23 Nov 2007
A. H. Robinson (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hanson-Roberts Tarot Deck (Cards)

Hanson-Roberts takes the traditional Rider-Waite deck and makes it her own by giving obvious clarity to all of the cards - both Minor and Major Arcana.

No more turning over cards and scratching your head about what the three of pentacles means... these are so delightfully simple, yet provide great clairty.

As a final bonus, the images won't scare any people that you read for - very newbie friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear images, 26 Sep 2010
Paula Ward "Hearth Witch" (Milton Keynes England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hanson-Roberts Tarot Deck (Cards)
This deck is lovely. The images are crisp and clear making them easy to use and read. The size is also good as they are the smae size as a pack of playing cards. This is a good as it makes them easy to shuffle and handle. The booklet gives the basic outline as to the meaning of the cards, again this allows the reader to use them easily and allow for intuitive interpretation. This is my second set of Tarot cards and is fast becoming my favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars at last a deck I can shuffle comfortably..........., 4 Nov 2005
This review is from: The Hanson-Roberts Tarot Deck (Cards)
Why are Tarot cards so big? Yes I know about not making the detail too small. But this Lady has done a superlative job with her fine artwork. The detail is crisp & easy on the eye. The cards are smaller than most but oh so manageable! I can shuffle these with ease without any bouncing off the clients head and onto the floor!
As a Tattoo Artist myself, I can appreciate the enormous effort going into creating 78 works of art!
Yes, this is a fine deck and worthy of a place in your collection.
And it's in the Rider Waite Tradition which must be another bonus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Beginner's Deck, 4 Nov 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: The Hanson-Roberts Tarot Deck (Cards)
(10 for artwork, 5 for originality!) This deck is stunning, fantastic, and aesthetically nearly perfect. The artwork reached right up and grabbed me by the throat. The only problem I saw with it is that it's really a general rehash of the Rider-Waite deck. If you know a younger person who is interested in the tarot, and has never read it before, by all means, send this one their way. If you've been reading the tarot for awhile, and have a R-W deck, skip it. There's enough originality in the art to make it pretty, but not enough new symbolism to make it worth your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decked Up, 22 April 2013
N. Warnham (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hanson-Roberts Tarot Deck (Cards)
This is a lovely deck of Tarot cards. Just for the illustration on each card the purchase was worth it. I take great pleasure in just browsing through the cards. Must get down to learning how to read them now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Spoilt by trademarks, 22 Dec 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
have one happy husband

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 13 Mar 2014
C. New - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hanson-Roberts Tarot Deck (Cards)
Like another reviewer said I have also seen a friends deck which sparked my search for it. A different reviewer also disliked the artwork, which is ok it is an opinion, but I happen to love the artwork and do not think it is child-like at all, it does have a much more 'positive-feeling' look to it that the 'meh...' feeling you get when looking through the Rider Waite deck. The Universal Waite is the one I use more which was colored by Mary Hanson-Roberts... probably why I like that deck, too, lol.. It is colorful and well done and, incidentally, does not alienate my clients who have issues with certain card imagery as it is 'lighter-feeling'... (which has increased my clientele ;) It is a great starter deck for young aspiring 'Tarotistas' ;) but is also equally usable for adults.

I do plan on passing this down to my daughter when she's of a competent age

4.0 out of 5 stars You could be surprised..., 19 Feb 2004
Mr. D. W. Mcconnell "opal_luna_saturnine" (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hanson-Roberts Tarot Deck (Cards)
Yes – it is a little twee but you really can’t make it clear enough that each of these individually designed cards really gives you so much information. This makes tarot readings so much easier as there is less intense pressure on you to remember every individual cards meaning: this deck really helps you along. I started on this deck and I still use it 10 years later because it’s so comfortable. And I get such accurate readings from it too, unlike other decks I am sometimes less sure of.

5.0 out of 5 stars my primary deck, great images,, 6 July 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: The Hanson-Roberts Tarot Deck (Cards)
This is the deck I use all the time. Its images are blanced and easy to look at.

The Hanson-Roberts Tarot Deck
The Hanson-Roberts Tarot Deck by Mary Hanson-Roberts (Cards - 1 May 1991)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available