5.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate cards but NOT a beginners deck! !
I would like to correct "A reader from USA". It deck has nothing in common with Tarot and comes from a totally different tradition. It is not even called Tarot! Those looking for a new spin on Tarot will be very disappointed. But one can use these cards well if they already understand divination with standard playing cards. I have Gypsy blood in my family (Great...
Published on 3 Aug 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Odd Cards
I have been a professional medium for over 10 years and used many decks and cards in my career. My great grandfather who was also a Medium would use playing cards (which seem to be the basis of these cards) as a means to work with spirit and they were passed through the family as more of us seemingly had the 'gift'. I really dont like using playing cards, I dont seem to...
Published 21 months ago by JB

4.0 out of 5 stars A Lot less scarier than Tarot cards., 12 Aug 2005
shaz17 (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Playing Cards (Cards)
I got these because Tarot cards scare the death out of most people, we had a girly night in, the vino was flowing and we all had a turn, amazing stuff was told to us all, we had a brill time and felt better after we had our predictions, cos the biggest part of us was down right unhappy, until we had the good news of course. I must admit we were all amazed as most of the stuff was true.

5.0 out of 5 stars stood the test of time...., 18 April 2012
Amazon Customer (West Bromwich, West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Playing Cards (Cards)
Not to be confused with Lenormand or any other playing card system. This deck is in a league of its own. People say that there are too many negative cards in the deck but there isn't.

Considering it was supposed to have been designed in 1906 I think it's still as accessible now as it was way back then. Readings with the cards are straightforward, accurate and honest.

If you have a look around, a few people use these in blogs exclusively for readings.

5.0 out of 5 stars GYPSY WITCH FORTUNE TELLING DECK, 19 July 2009
Martinwhynot (Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Playing Cards (Cards)
I bought this deck as a replacement for my old one. It is well made and the instructions are very simple to use. If you have not done fortune telling before it will take you a small while to get 'up to speed' with what you are saying, like anything that requires a lot of interaction with another person. I always get 'hits' with this but, like any other prop in this field, it is ONLY a prop.

Heck, you can even play cards with them. Well worth the price too!

Enjoy them!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Playing Cards (Cards)
best tarot cards ive ever had despite them been so much value for money they really do tell a story exactly how it is

4.0 out of 5 stars These are different..., 6 Dec 2008
Gillian M. Wood "Woodwordswriter" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Playing Cards (Cards)
I wasn't sure what to make of these at first - I already use the Ryder-Waite tarot, amongst others, and wondered if these would be the same kind of thing. They are, in a way. However, whilst many tarot readers use their pack as a 'guide to intuition' and will often 'say what they see', these cards look just like a normal playing card deck, but with embellishments and the meanings printed on them, albeit in Dickensian language.
This is all very well, but you can't be very mystical when your client can read the meanings, too.
You probably already know the stigma that many attach to the 'Death' card in the tarot - it's the subject of many a sit-com and horror story. Tarot readers know that this does not usually mean actual death, and this is where these cards become a wee bit scary. 'Assaults... that will happen' and 'dire misfortune' and worst of all 'early death' are some of the messages given.
However, I reckon that they do have their uses, particularly for those who would like to be able to read fortunes from normal playing cards. Just learn the lot, and when you're confident, ditch the Gipsy Witch.
Well, it was just a thought!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun but not to be taken seriously!, 13 Aug 2011
Jim McM (Kent and elsewhere...) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Playing Cards (Cards)
Divination and fortune telling, we are told, are two different things. We all know the mysterious tarot and some of us fear the images it presents. These however, present Jolly 1950s style images to evoke literal, rather than tarot-like allegorical, meanings and as such can really only be used in fortune-telling. It's inspired me to pick up a guide to Mlle. Lenormand's system of cartomancy, but let me add that although it's fun to build a picture up from the spelled-out meanings on the cards that these things cannot tell you you will die soon! The allegorical side of the cards is lost no thanks to the oblique instructions. So they're a blast from the past and a collectors item. If you want to use them for insight, then get a nice tarot set or a guide to Lenormand's cartomancy. Please don't take them too seriously. A must for all halloweenies!

1.0 out of 5 stars utter rubbish, 3 Aug 2009
This review is from: Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Playing Cards (Cards)
playing cards is correct there is no truth or relivance in these cards expected more!If you want a card game id recommend just an ordinary pack of playing cards would do! cheaper as well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual little pack for collecters but ..., 20 May 2010
E. Owens "sherbutdip" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Playing Cards (Cards)
The cards do have some quite hard hitting messages..did a reading on myself and been able to laugh off the gloomy future they have predicted lets hope it doesnt come true:0.

Great cards for a collector to look at once in a while but not ones I shall make a habit of using!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not to be taken too seriously..., 18 Nov 2011
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Playing Cards (Cards)
Could be a little disappointing - depending on what you are expecting. These are 'Fortune Telling' Cards and should not be confused with 'Tarot' which is a completely different medium.

The quality of these are okay for the price - but nothing outstanding in my opinion. They're probably smaller than you'll expect, and I find the fact that they double as 'Playing Cards' a bit of a 'niggle' as well as distracting...

Each Card image is 'split' and has the usual denomination of a Playing Card situated at the top - whilst a Card 'meaning' is featured at the bottom. Some people will like these for their old-fashioned use of language. Might be fun for parties - but certainly not to be taken too seriously - particularly for those of you who are easily 'unsettled', as these claim to predict early death! The back design of the Cards are reminiscent of a child's card game rather than anything else, and the design of the box is both cheap-looking and pretty drab in colour...

I purchased these to go with a Collection of Playing Cards I have rather than for any 'Fortune Telling' or 'Divination' purposes.

Pure novelty value only.