5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for a friend.
Published on 19 Jun. 2011 by VJ Foreman

3.0 out of 5 stars Intermediate Rider
I found this to be a very dry read. I struggled with it if I am honest. I am an intermediate rider, better than a beginner but slowly starting leg yield and shoulder in. This book was not aimed at my level, perhaps in the future I will be able to pick it up again and get more from it.

The only sections that I enjoyed reading were those on the use of the double...
Published on 17 Dec. 2012 by T. Moffatt

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for a friend., 19 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Complete Training of Horse and Rider in the Principles of Classical Horsemanship (Paperback)
I have already read this book about 5 times an although it was written many years ago, the principles are just as relevant today as they were then. This book is the benchmark, as far as I am concerned, for horsemanship and equitation. AP shows a sympathy with his horses seldom seen in the age during which it was written. He inspires and educates. You can ask no more for a book of this sort. I hope that the young rider that I have bought this for is as inspired to correct horsemanship as I was by it. Wonderful pictures, too!

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 27 April 2013
Had the french edition of this book , no way to find it in franch anymore? very good book, about traditional classical horsmeanship

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Jan. 2015
Very informative and interesting with clear explanations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knowledge, great " misterys" about horse training, 12 Aug. 2014
One of more important position on bookshelf of horse lovers/rders.

3.0 out of 5 stars Intermediate Rider, 17 Dec. 2012
T. Moffatt (UK) - See all my reviews

The only sections that I enjoyed reading were those on the use of the double bridle and the riders seat. I was only able to take snippets from the other chapters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 24 Dec. 2001
By A Customer
Classic Dressage is also a vision. I have been fortunate enough to be taught by an instructor with this vision, which gave my training planing and consquence.
This is a book in which every sentence has significance...a bible of a sort... together with the references Podhasky mentions....

Used & New from: £6.14