5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book
It's a great bookmabout a subject that has so many levels, from Joan as rocker through to Joan as icon, and not withstanding the feast that is The Runaways...
Published 10 months ago by Darren Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars A hard days read.
Published on 2 July 2012 by Mena V. D. Bosch

3.0 out of 5 stars A hard days read., 2 July 2012
Mena V. D. Bosch (Maastricht, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Reputation: The Unauthorized Biography of Joan Jett (Paperback)
This is an unauthorized biography. Most of the time this kind of biographies are the best read, because they are not limited by the objects censorship. In most cases they are written with great love, for the music, for the star and, very VERY important, with an excellent eye for the pictured decade(s).The fashion, the clubs, the mood and moral and music. Most of the unauthorized biographies are therefore big books with a very small font.
Well, when I opened the book I knew this wasn't the case. The book is far to thin.
No,I didn't find myself back in The English Disco. No I could't share Joan's love for the Glittersound. No I did't went on tour with the girls.
But, come on, I was still very curious what would happen to Joan after the Runaways parted.
And, ofcourse, I wanted to know all about her performance in the Rocky Horror Show. I wanted to be there.
No, alas, that's where the book really starts to disappoint. It reads like a chronological list of events and album releases.
Decades past, but do not come to life at all. The 80ties, nineties, zeros, Joan plays on but does't seem to be a part of the changing times.
No, it wasn't a good read. I would like to give it 2,5 star if I only knew how.
ps. And there aren't much pictures in the book either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 25 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 5 Jun. 2014
If you love joan jett as much as I do you will like this book

Its not for everyone I guess but in my opinion I thought it was a good book

Bad Reputation: The Unauthorized Biography of Joan Jett
Bad Reputation: The Unauthorized Biography of Joan Jett by Dave Thompson (Paperback - 15 Nov. 2011)