5.0 out of 5 stars My New Bible, 14 Jun 2003
Ry (Montrose, Angus United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Making Music Your Business: A Guide for Young Musichins (Paperback)
I just got this in the post the other day, and i gotta say it is very cool. I very much respect David (seeing as he's from one of my favourite bands, The 'Deth). Havent finished reading yet, but what I've read is damned good stuff. Handy tips, which hopefully I might be able to use in the future. As I say, its got great features, such as information on the road team, tips from other artists (Slash, Chrissy Hynd etc) and even tips on eating on the road. This guy knows what hes talking about, so I highly recommend you buy it if youwanna go somewhere in the biz.
Only real problem I'd say is the length. Its not the longest of books (which can be a good thing), and I suppose there were some questions on certain topics that I still had. Still, we'll see how this stuff works in action eh?

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative Guide To The Music Business, 8 April 1999
By A Customer
This book isn't about teaching you to write extraordinary songs. It's not about teaching you techniques or anything similar. This book is a guide to the music business and as such a very good book. David knows his way around the music business and this guide is the best I've read on that subject.
The book is easy and fun to read and it really gives you inspiration when it comes to actually making it as a professional musician. It's only down is that it's a bit short.
Check it out!

Making Music Your Business: A Guide for Young Musichins
Making Music Your Business: A Guide for Young Musichins by David Ellefson (Paperback - 2 Aug 2000)
9.93