5.0 out of 5 stars a thing of beauty
A collection of beautiful photographs, broad colour fields, subtle studies of expansive light. Of a growing number of books of photographs I own this is one of the three I would grab if I had to run outside in a fire. I have no idea what the only other reviewer (so far) is talking about
Published on 7 May 2010 by A. Shuttleworth

2.0 out of 5 stars First book I've ever returned to Amazon - very bland.
I'd learnt of Joel Meyerowitz through watching him photograph in the BBC documentary The Genius of Photography. Joel is a VERY likeable fellow. He is sincere and helpful. He's out there photographing New York most of the time I'd guess, after all he is a street photographer.

Published on 5 May 2010 by Steps Ahead Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars a thing of beauty, 7 May 2010
A. Shuttleworth "ali" (scotland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Big Book, 23 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Cape Light (Paperback)
This is work by meyerowitz that is slightly different to his street photography but just as brilliant. Its a large, well layed out book that screams quality and professionalism. i was not dissapointed at all and i too do not know why the other reviewer gave it such a low score :S If you like photography of any genre then this book is for you, its the perfect book to look at in a comfy arm chair in silence and take your time looking at some genius work

2.0 out of 5 stars First book I've ever returned to Amazon - very bland., 5 May 2010
This review is from: Cape Light (Paperback)

I bought this book believing that I'd be in for a treat, since Joel certainly knows how to talk up an image.

When I received the book and looked at what was inside, I truly was speechless. The only thought which could come out from my mind was that if he thinks he can take those sorts of pictures, then so can I - only better !

This book wins the award from me as being so bland, so uninteresting, so AWFUL that it is the ONLY book I have EVER returned to Amazon for a full refund.

I have since looked at more work from Joel and I have to say that it's nowhere near what I would call master photography level. It lacks creativity and consistently his images look mundane.

Sorry Joel !

Cape Light Meyerowitz
Cape Light Meyerowitz by Bruce Macdonald (Paperback - 1 April 1981)
Used & New from: £11.96