Published 4 months ago by David Muir

3.0 out of 5 stars Dust of Death, very dry and dusty!
Published on 27 July 2011 by Carol T

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly seminal work on the Sixties and what would follow from it, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Dust of Death: A Critique of the Establishment and the Counter and the Proposal for a Third Day (Hardcover)
I could not write enough about this book for unlike many other writers Os has penetrated the very heart of the Sixties Hippie culture and what would flow from it and his analysis even today has that "ring of truth" that J B Philips talked about and as a missionary called to serve God in Glastonbury,home of NEW AGE belief systems the behaviour,,belief systems are eerily similar and the corresponding faal out in shattered lives bear their own testimony as to what happens when you try to live as if God did not exist.I cannot recommend this book too much.Ten stars out of five.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dust of Death, very dry and dusty!, 27 July 2011
This book is obviously written for people who have studied philosophy and therefore uses terms I am not familiar with and does not explain them. I found myself having to Google the meanings before I could move on with the text. I am sure that this book, once I have finished it, will have taught me a lot about philosophy and Christian Philosophy but it is hard work. Another book which I am finding much easier to read on a similar topic is 'The God Who is There' by Francis Schaeffer. In this book terms are explained and even diagrams are included to aid understanding. As a scientist I like diagrams!