4.0 out of 5 stars excellent and classic, but not for learners.
It contains any word you will ever dream to look up; it has finely made definitions; everyone uses it in the US, as far as I now; however, it is not for learners. there are not enough examples and sometimes it is hard to understand the definitions.
Published on 4 Jan 2008 by entelechia

1.0 out of 5 stars utterly useless
This is not acceptable to sale product which doesn't work , to find a word you need to wait 15 min or longer .I want refund !
Published 5 months ago by Andrzej J Mroz

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent and classic, but not for learners., 4 Jan 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 8 Nov 2012
I decided to get a little help with my poetry writing and bought this book. I prefer to find my own words however in difficult situations this has come in handy and now I have come to rely on it when I am stuck. Any poet obtaining a book like this needs to be aware that once you start to use it you will continue to do so and may need to use restraint in not letting it dominate as a writing tool, but I am overall happy that I made the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only bought 1 dictionary., 16 Dec 2011
If you could only buy 1 dictionary then this is probably the best buy. A U.S./Canada standard for students in high school and university. I wore the covers off this book during my school years and even though I now have the complete compact Oxford English Dictionary, 9 times out of 10 I will use the Webster's first. Easy to use and read. Excellent value and comes with a handy, loadable version for your PC. It's also worth noting that the Webster's web site allows a quick word look-up that provides the same definition as found in the actual dictionary for those occasions when it's not nearby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Formazione., 10 Oct 2011
This review is from: 11th Collegiate Dictionary (Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (Laminated)) (Hardcover)
My attention was drawn to the 'Webster's Collegiate Dictionary' by a film I saw recently staring Jennifer Aniston. Her character in the film showed a similar interest for unusual words to my own and her reference was in fact an older edition of this. Funnily enough, this edition does not include one of the words featured in the film (that she took from her edition) but it has a lot of others to make up for it!!!! I am pleased to have it in my collection of dictionaries for it's extensive range of English or American-English words.

5.0 out of 5 stars The CD-ROM is very good, 14 Jun 2010
A. A. Sanche - See all my reviews
I like this dictionary, because it is complete. The CD-ROM is complete too. Although this dictionary have hardcover, it is not heavy.

5.0 out of 5 stars My pro-British work colleague has been borrowing mine for years..., 8 Mar 2013
Adrian Stear (Dorset) - See all my reviews
..so I eventually gave her her own copy. Much more practical than any other dictionary. Indispensable to all English speaking people..

5.0 out of 5 stars Electronic version is brilliant!, 14 Nov 2003
They don't say this on the cover but the search facilities on the accompanying CD are comprehensive. You can search not only for rhyming words and homophones, but also synonyms, etymology, anagrams and crossword answers (e.g. a???ee). Oh, and it also gives definitions ;-) (which are searchable).

5.0 out of 5 stars Paper or online?, 26 May 2014
Through purchase of this dictionary, I was given a free online subscription to various areas of MW's online service. However, it is not necessary to pay to use their site for normal everyday purposes. This is THE reference for copyeditors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 26 Feb 2014
Classic Dictionary for American English - what's not to like. I particularly like the fact that it has British words and spellings of words and their meanings - not all British words 'translate' in quite the way you would expect to American English - so a great guide.

1.0 out of 5 stars utterly useless, 15 Feb 2014