Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 March 2001
By far the best translation of any work on the I Ching; Cleary's work is concise thorough and complete: I recommend getting the full size Shambhala publication of this work "Taoist I Ching" or "Buddhist I Ching" also both by Cleary, for a little more cost but a very worthy investment.
on 14 February 2011
What a great little book; it's so convenient for keeping in pocket or handbag for on-the-spot consultations and, though small, is easily readable. A well-organised text with simple-to-understand instructions for making the most of the contents and immediately accessible for readers new to the I Ching. And a great present.
on 28 January 2013
I bought the book as it was pocket sized. It proved a waste of money. Some of Cleary's other I Ching books have a good reputation, but that doesn't apply to this example. The text is the I Ching but with the Confucian commentaries added. These more or less replicate the text and are irrelevant and tiresome. At the end he gives a list of the hexagrams and their "correlate" and "complement" hexagrams but he fails to explain how to use this information. I have read many I Ching books and this is definitely one of the worst!

A really good pocket sized version is Peter Crisp's, "the little book of Changes"
on 18 August 2015
When it says pocket classics, it actually means that fits into your T-shirt/Polo chest pocket. Book is what I wanted just really annoying to read from a book smaller than your hand palm.
on 18 February 2015
A good book and I am enjoying it thought it was much bigger but its good. Would def recommend.postage and packing great.
on 27 May 2015
Excellent book, full of enlightenment and wonder, i truly recommend to anyone searching for something more...
on 27 January 2015
Pocket sized. Cool
on 23 September 2009
I have read it three times and feel that I can keep doing it again and again during next year.
JA
on 10 August 2014
Excellent seller to deal with. Quality product supplied. Would highly recommend
on 4 June 2013
This book was recommended to me as I wanted to further my knowledge in this area. I was a little disappointed when it arrived, although I really didn't know what to expect but I did think it would be a standard sized book and not a 3" x "2 mini-book. The contents are also "mini".