5.0 out of 5 stars More like The Interpretation of Fairy Stories AND DREAMS
Published on 1 Jan 2010 by M. Lawton

2.0 out of 5 stars mission impossible
Published on 29 Dec 2011 by K. Maciver

5.0 out of 5 stars More like The Interpretation of Fairy Stories AND DREAMS, 1 Jan 2010
M. Lawton (TWells, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Interpretation of Fairy Tales (Paperback)
This is a superb book crammed full of insights on the psychology behind fairy tales but don't buy it if you are looking for sociological commentary or feminist critique. As you might expect, given her background, the author leaves that for others to explore. In fact this book is as much about individuation and the interpretation of dreams as fairy stories. If your interests lie with core Jungian topics you won't be disappointed with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars (Re)Learning a neighbouring language, 13 Sep 2010
Hypercube (Mallorca, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Interpretation of Fairy Tales (Paperback)
A superb book with really witty, detailed and profound observations. It basically tries to make the reader get in touch with the language unconscious mind and dreams speak (according to Jung).

It really shifted my opinion and understanding of a subject I thought was good for kids only, hence 5 stars for such a cleverly written book.

5.0 out of 5 stars really interesting, 9 May 2010
This review is from: The Interpretation of Fairy Tales (Paperback)
This is really cool- I've been trying to interpret fairy tales and my own dreams for a while now and this book shed a lot of light on the process. She interprets fairytale with themes concerning the shadow, the anima, the animus, etc- it's relevant for both women and men. If you're interested in Jungian psychology and fairy tales, it's must-read.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic author, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Interpretation of Fairy Tales (Paperback)
An excelent delivery service, a very professional team, a very easy-to-do website that provides every subject a PhD student is looking for - Thank you so much for being available 24/7

5.0 out of 5 stars A dreamy book, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Interpretation of Fairy Tales (Paperback)
Excellent as a serious study of Fairy takes. Bought for our granddaughter who assures us it is good for her studies for A levelx

2.0 out of 5 stars mission impossible, 29 Dec 2011
K. Maciver - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Interpretation of Fairy Tales (Paperback)
Oh Dear. I thought I was buying a book that would mention our most famous fairytales and 'unpick' some meaning for me. It's just too difficult to comprehend the technical words around Jungian theory and the book hasn't yet mentioned a fairytale I've heard of. Right enough I'm only 1/2 way through. Fear I won't make it safely to the end as I have little idea of what the author is talking about. Sorry. I should have done the research before I bought the book.

The Interpretation of Fairy Tales
The Interpretation of Fairy Tales by Marie-Louise Von Franz (Paperback - 1 Sep 1996)