Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 December 2011
This book is the root of all major magical lore and beliefs in the western world today and after skimming it, it's easy to see why. Yes, it is translated into English and yes, it is written in an old style, but for me this simply adds to the effect. From detailing the uses of almost 100 different varieties of pentagrams to angels and their roles in heaven, this book is interesting and spellbinding (sorry) whether you are taking it seriously or just wanting something fun.
on 27 June 1999
Upon receiving my edition of this work . . .it became apparent to me that (comparing it to most all other magick related subjects) . . that this book is , in fact , the true origin of witchcraft as we know it today. I have recognized the manner in which most arts are formulated , and ALL that Ive studied seems to be derived from nonother than this SPECTACULAR grimoire , containing many helpful MAGICKAL SEALS which can be (I believe) directly used even with the simplicity of modern wicca . . .which(witch) . . obviously is a simplified form of this great work. This book is a MUST HAVE for ALL serious "to-be practitioners". This book gives the real understanding of what witchcraft REALLY is all about.
on 21 March 2015
While the translation is sound what really gets me is it is missing multiple figures, pentacles and drawings. Worse off it actually refers to these missing pieces in the text making it extremely frustrating to follow. I'm looking to contact the publisher about this
on 26 January 2016
I'm not usually that fussed, but when every other page is printed with commercial for a webshop, I have to admit it grates me the wrong way. I mean; honestly? It puts me off enough that even though there's plenty interesting passages in this book I've not bothered to read it properly because I CANNOT take it serious when once every few pages I get asked if I want my tarot or horoscope read.
on 13 September 2007
After exploring 'wicca' and encountering difficulties accessing covens, groups and - in some cases - humility rather than arrogant pomp, I took myself off to explore in my own way. Little bits here, little bits there. I was delighted, therefore, to happen upon a copy of 'King of the Witches' by June Johns in a bookshop in Glastonbury. 'King of the Witches' is a sometimes painful account of "the world of Alex Sanders". An entire chapter of the book is devoted to how Sanders used his position in a library to access the "Key of Solomon" and there can be little doubt that its content would have impacted on Sanders' own learning, and - therefore - on the learning of those initiated by him. There can, in my mind, be no greater a recommendation for source material. Couple this with 'Aradia' by Charles Leland, and you have wicca without worries and without massaging inaccessible egos.
on 27 February 1999
This is what I call TRUE MAGIK. This kind of books ilustrate what Magick was, and what Magick is. I admire the author for his work. Of course Samuel L. McGreagor Mathers was an expert on the Magical subjects. Obviously that this book is different from those "new age" garbage that are well fashioned now. This book contain the most excelent description of how to summon and control entities from other realms of existence. Anyhow the student should be wise enough to read this book by the light of the time it was first written. I take the liberty to advise the book Elemetar Treatise on Practical Magick, Papus. It teaches the importance of how to use this knoledge in ower days. EXECELENT WORK.
on 21 December 2014
This kindle edition of the Key of Solomon the King magic is vastly incomplete.
Many of the illustrations have been omitted, along with accompanied text.
This makes the volume useless for anyone desiring to work from it.
on 25 February 2013
Has thought of bying this, for a loong time, an finally got myself to do it :) SO, im happy, to stumble over it at a grejt way like this :)
on 28 November 2014
Loved this book, but have to admit I didn't quite understand it, but all the same is a real treasure.
on 12 March 2016
Great book for practicing magick with and I recommend for you to buy it. Good read.