5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for astrologers
Published on 21 Aug 2011 by Jeanne Beaufils

3.0 out of 5 stars Not at all impressed!
Published on 29 Aug 2012 by TJS

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for astrologers, 21 Aug 2011
This review is from: Inner Planets: Building Blocks of Personal Reality (Seminars in Psychological Astrology) (Paperback)
Just as Liz Greene and Howard Sasportas' book The Luminaries explained the Moon and Sun from a psychological astrology perspective, the Inner Planets enlightens us about Mercury, Venus and Mars. Although I've studied astrology for a long time, I didn't know much about the myths surrounding Mercury (had quite a laugh reading about my naughty ruler's antics) nor did I understand how truly vain and oriented to personal pleasure Venus could be.
There is something about these 2 books (The Luminaries and The Inner Planets) that has led me to profoundly reflect on whether I had expressed all of my personal potential so far. The Inner Planets are described as means to support expression of the Sun, self-expression, personal radiance, one's personal immortality, one's footprint on earth if you will, so this is extremely important. At the same time, Liz Greene's credentials are such that we are not talking about fly by night theories but solid Jungian psychology translated into the astrological language. These are fascinating books that empowers us readers to make sure we are making the maximum use of the gifts and challenges included in the blue print of our natal charts and to make use of transits and progressions to transform ourselves to our fullest potential. How could this not be an exciting program?

5.0 out of 5 stars Without a doubt, a 'must-read'..., 5 Sep 2010
Lauren Rushton (UK) - See all my reviews
I am always suspicious when I see the phrase "this book will change your life", but here I am, about to (almost) use it myself.

A book cannot change your life, no no. But, this book will help you understand yourself in a way that enables you to make changes. I have been looking beyond sun signs for around two years and only wish that this had found its way into my life sooner. I look forward to reading the rest of the 'Seminars in Psychological Astrology' series, several numbers of which I have just ordered.

Readers will need basic knowledge of the planets, aspects and houses prior to reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 12 Nov 2013
Great chapters on Venus by Liz Greene which I am reading right now, the seminar format hasn't taken over the book and it gets to the crux of the meaning of the inner planets. Will definitely reread this book in places.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good in depth information, 27 July 2014
An interesting book if wanting to learn the mythology behind the planets. A good read and I feel I now know so much more in depth information which is already helping me to interpret charts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not at all impressed!, 29 Aug 2012
This book seems to fall somewhere between the genres of "pop-psychology" or "pseudo-astrology"; it is actually neither. At best, it would be a rather bad example of both psychology and astrology - a catalogue of over-simplified, unqualified and unmitigated quasi-Jungian improvisations, concocted to give a new spin to the time-honoured, but progressively controversial and diminishing art of astrology.

Those of us who work in mainstream psychological professions and have done their homework, know that there is no evidence to suggest that Jung had very much knowledge of the workings of astrology, or that he even cared - he certainly did not endorse it, as many astrologers would have us think, including Ms Greene!