Format: Cards|Change

on 28 January 1999
Stunning achievements deserve the recognition and popularity that "The Robin Wood Tarot" has acheived in the highly competitive Tarot Market. The illustrations, symbols, colors, and the simple feel of these cards is sure to please novice and advanced divinator alike! Ms. Wood is able to retain the traditional images (for the most part) and infuse them with her own ideas and prinicples, creating a new mileu of divination, contemplation, meditation, and interpretation. Any good reference book on Tarot meanings can be applied to Ms. Wood's cards with very little deviation (although I would recommend Louis's "TAROT Plain and Simple," available from amazon.com, for a beginner). Yet the cards are so vibrant, so alive, that anyone can use them at once, and with success. For divination, medition, spell or ritual work, The Robin Wood Tarot is "The" deck for all levels of experience or practice.
on 5 April 2005
I have bought many oracle decks in the past, always finding them unsatisfactory with their "types" of readings in comparison to tarot.
Because of this, I only own one tarot deck (Celtic themed) and thought I would never buy another since I was so happy with how easy it was to use and how accurate it is. Until I saw this deck.
It immediately interested me with its beautifully graphic and imagintive artwork. Once it arrived in the post, I found it to be buzzing with life through its imagery.
I have been using this deck almost every day and learning new things all the time. Each card has just the right amount of dreamlike imagery to inspire something in your own mind to come up with the answers in a reading.
One of my overall favourite cards is Death. Funnily enough it is one of the most beautiful representations of the card ive seen in my 5 years as a reader. No skeletons or dead people present at all : )
A highly commendable deck!
on 11 May 2004
As I'm sure many other tarotists will agree with me, the Rider-Waite deck is great to start with, in that it tends to be the one illustrated in most beginner books and its illustrations are very descriptive. However (and again, I expect others will agree here) the Rider-Waite deck is a little lacking in beauty, style and inspiration.
I experimented with a number of other decks once I'd got to grips with tarot reading, and kept finding myself coming back to my Rider-Waite deck simply because I had become used to the images and the way they connect with the meanings in my mind; I didn't 'click' with the images on some other decks, either because I didn't enjoy the artwork on an aesthetic level, or because I didn't connect the symbols or images to my interpretations of the card meanings.
Several decks later, I've found the Robin Wood deck, which employs many of the same symbols featured in the Rider-Waite deck, but with the added bonus that the artwork is stunningly beautiful, the figures are full of life and character, the backgrounds are rich and inspired, and I just LOVE looking at the cards! Every time I look at a card which turns up in a reading, I discover new meanings and depths, and facets I hadn't thought about before.
I also think the LWB (little white book) is just enough, I've seen reviews which were disappointed by it, but I feel if you need a beginners book, buy a beginners book. In my opinion, this is the way a tarot deck OUGHT to be, encouraging the reader to study the cards, inspiring and thought provoking, and above all, beautiful. Well, it's stopped me buying any more decks for the time being....
Superb illustrations in the Minor as well as the Major Arcana. Because the symbology of the cards are so clear to the reader, this Tarot Deck is so simple that a child coud read it.
The look on the faces of the people in the cards says it all.
I rate it the best Tarot pack i've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few!
on 19 August 2001
As someone who is completely new to tarot, I chose this pack fairly randomly and have nothing to compare it with. That said, I appreciate the beauty of the artwork and can't leave them alone at the moment. I find the illustrations, for the most part, give a very good insight into the meanings. I have found I can pick up quite a lot of meaning just by examining the cards. The booklet included is simple and easy to understand, my only criticism being that a larger book would be easier to read and use.This one is quite poor quality given the excellence of the cards themselves. I am enjoying getting to know my cards and find I am very enthusiastic about what was, in essence, an impulse buy.
on 13 November 2001
When I first opened my cards they 'felt right'. I took Wood's advice and am currently making my own book of interpretations of the cards. As they 'visually speak' to you you can get an instant gut feeling as to the cards meaning, and can begin to read straight away.
I LOVE THEM..
on 10 April 1999
Robin Wood's tarot was my first deck, and I have loved it. It's been there for me for several years, now, and I can't thank her enough for it. When I read or teach the tarot, I always use her deck. It's rare to find a deck so clear and itimate in its imagery that absolutely anyone can work with it on the first try.
on 30 April 2000
I have several decks of cards but the Robin Wood Tarot Deck is my favourite, the cards are bright and cheerful and easy to understand, I think that goes a long way to making more interesting readings, and for a beginner the symbols jump out at you, I would recommend this deck to anyone, and if you use reversed meanings, unlike some decks I have seen, when you deal the cards face down for the reading, you can't tell which is going to be reversed and which is not. Absolutely fantastic, and they work too.
on 13 May 1998
The Robin Wood Tarot deck is one of the easiest for beginners to use. Its vivid natural imagery fosters an intuitive awareness that aids with interpreting the cards. It is one of my favorite decks and the one I chose to illustrate my book TAROT PLAIN AND SIMPLE (Llewellyn, 1996) -- Anthony Louis.
on 4 November 1998
The moment I saw this deck three years ago I knew I found the one for me. Beautiful, colorful, and easy to interprate, were only a few of the aspects of this deck. Robin Wood struck a cord in all Pagans, Wiccians, Witches, Chirstians, Jews, anyone that sees this deck will see what I mean. Enough symbols for anyone to use anywhere. I also suggest her book as well, Tarot: Plain and Simple. What can I say, the tilte says it all for both deck and book.