5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful without being overbearing
I first read this book in paperback from a friend of mine after we had been shopping in Glastonbury town. At the time I was going through a rough patch and recovering from an accident that nearly severed my spine.

Published on 4 Feb. 2012 by Mrs. H. W. Thompson-waight

1.0 out of 5 stars Yet another bad book by D.J. Conway
Maiden, Mother, Crone suffers from the same lack of direction and rather shallow research that other books I've read by Ms. Conway suffer from. The first part of this book is simply a disorganized collection of very brief notes on a number of Goddesses from various cultures.
Many fascinating deities and archetypal goddesses are provided no more than a sentence...
Published on 14 Feb. 1998

1.0 out of 5 stars Yet another bad book by D.J. Conway, 14 Feb. 1998
This review is from: Maiden, Mother, Crone (Paperback)
or at best a short paragraph. There is no attempt to organize or compare these varies
figures by cultures or similarities or to draw any conclusions about the mythology of the
goddess whatsoever. Part two of the book is simply a dictionary of symbols that seems to
have been included to simply fill space. If you are interested in comparative mythology or
in increasing your knowledge of various deities there are numerous other books of better
quality out there.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Decent Reference Guide, 7 Jun. 1998
This review is from: Maiden, Mother, Crone (Paperback)
I began this book with high hopes but alas, by the end, was a tad dejected. So I did the Lemon=Lemonaide thing. I grabbed my trusty high-lighter and went to town. To the authors credit, Maiden, Mother and Crone does give us bits of information on a wide range of religious cultures, giving us a look at the Goddess, her functions and her followers from every continent. This book has a million footnotes, most of which lead you to an author and title of some reference book, so I walked away with lots of suggested reading. Other than that, I'm afraid this one has little depth and is now in my Donate-to-the-Library pile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful without being overbearing, 4 Feb. 2012

As trite as this may sound, the visualisations and general 'feel-good' atmosphere of this book did help me enormously to regain balance and faith. Yes, it is not a detailed thesis of the Goddess myths but it is the concept of the Triple Goddess presented in a soothing and easy to read manner.

I give it five stars simple because I'm not always in the mood for serious literacy discourse or heavy in-depth Pagan exposition and this book fills that gap nicely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Convincing!!, 29 May 1998
This review is from: Maiden, Mother, Crone (Paperback)
as a couner-point, I feel it necessary to mention that Maiden, Mother, Crone was my first adventure into the realm of Goddess based religon. As a result of reading this book I am proud to say I am a recovering Catholic. Yes, maybe for the experienced pagan this work is oversimpilified. All I can say is I'm hooked on Goddess. Thanks D.J.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why do you bash this book?, 6 May 1999
This review is from: Maiden, Mother, Crone (Paperback)
"Maiden, Mother, Crone" is exactly what it is: a book about the Goddess, how to communicate with Her, and her aspects. If people were looking for anything that really dealt with Paganism straight out, then they'd be disappointed. I, on the other hand, like this book. I've only had it for two days and I love it. I actually prayed to Her last night with tears in my eyes.

Maiden, Mother, Crone
Maiden, Mother, Crone by D. J. Conway (Paperback - 8 Jun. 1995)
Used & New from: £1.55