5.0 out of 5 stars Great house-warming present....
Published on 3 Jun 2004 by A. Steffe

3.0 out of 5 stars good in some aspects
Published on 24 Mar 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Great house-warming present...., 3 Jun 2004
A. Steffe "haraniya" (Derby) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Magical Household (Llewellyn's Practical Magick) (Paperback)
...Pagan or otherwise! This book is filled with interesting and constructive house folklore from all over the world. Each chapter focuses on a certain aspects of the home - from the hearth to the kitchen, pets and the garden. It has good house blessings and cleansings which I have used annually since I moved into my house. My friend also used the same cleansing and found it to be highly effective.
An excellent guide to helping your home reflect your magical self, although it should not, in any way, stop you from going outside and communing with Nature (as one reviewer suggested). Nature is outside and no matter how many plants or dream catchers you string about, the Powers will always be closer and best observed/worked with outside. So get out there! But, with the help of this book, you'll return to your lovely, welcoming home and feel just as at one with Nature as you did underneath the stars.
Read this book and live your magical life every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for enchanting the home., 16 May 2000
By A Customer
I have collected all of Scotts books, find them easy to read, easy to understand, enchanting to follow. With the help of this one I have turned my ordinary house into a magical haven of peace and tranquility. Friends feel welcomed and seldom want to leave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scott Cunningham is an excellant teacher., 26 Sep 2000
This is the 4th book by Scott Cunningham that I have bought. He writes as is he were actually talking to you. There is nothing confusing about his writing. The Magical Household for me, leads on from Living Wicca. You can use everyday household things. Excellant

5.0 out of 5 stars scott cunningham, 23 Oct 2002
What can i say!
A very well thought of magical book.
Of course Scott Cunningham has always been my Best author regarding Magic.
This book is great for the beginner who is just venturing out into the Magical world.
It describes magic uses for almost every room in the house and most of all the ingredients needed only entails a trip to your local health shop or supermarket.
Protection,beauty spells, rituals. you name it,its got it!
I would recommend this book to any new comers to magic.
it's certainly a book that i wouldnt be without.
All in all an easy explained magical keep sake to bring love and peace into your very own home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for anyone wishing to bring magic into their home, 22 Sep 1997
By A Customer
This is a wonderful book for anyone, especially those who are interested in Magick and/or Wicca, but it is also good for anyone who wishes to bring more peace and spirituality into the home.
Written in a personal and easy-to-follow style, this book gives ideas on how to empower and protect your home, yourself, and even your car with everyday Magick as well as ancient traditions and folklore. A must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Need a magickal household makeover? This is the book!!!, 19 Mar 1999
By A Customer
This is a totally great book for everybody who wants to magickally makeover their house, and even for those who just want to check the possibilities. Like all of Mr. Cunninghams' books, this is fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT MOVING GIFT, 10 Dec 1998
By A Customer
This book would make a great moving gift. I just finished browsing through it last night. I liked how Mr. Cunningham addressed creating an indoor garden and suggestions for alters which can't be left up. I was intrigued by the idea that it is better to move on one day as compared to another. Reading books like this is new to me and I found this book to be an easy read. Mr. Cunningham even included a glossary of terms in the back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Weasley would love this!, 12 July 2010
Lots of lore that readers may already be aware of, but also new things that I didn't know about, a thoroughly entertaining read that will also help the reader on their path to Wiccan enlightenment.

3.0 out of 5 stars good in some aspects, 24 Mar 1999
By A Customer
Maybe it's just me, but I just find it hard to jell with Scott Cunningham's writing style. I picked up this because the title appealed to me, and I thought maybe it would be different from his others, but no. I find it hard to wade through a old lore here, a spell there, etc. Most of his books have good information in them, but seem to be written is a kind of meandering style that just doesn't grab my attention. This probably would make a good housewarming gift for someone, particularly a Scott Cunningham fan (of which there are millions)! But for me personally, is was so-so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 20 Mar 2014
Scott Cunningham writes great books this was a quick delivery with good price and would definitely order again. Good price and description was perfect.

ARRAY(0xa2b16150)

The Magical Household (Llewellyn's Practical Magick)
The Magical Household (Llewellyn's Practical Magick) by David Harrington (Paperback - 30 Nov 1987)
11.99