5.0 out of 5 stars Most interesting book I've read
Published on 16 Nov. 2004 by Ryan Oliver

2.0 out of 5 stars too complicated and impractical
I got this book based on the good reviews on here. It seemed really interesting for the first couple of chapters and then I got to the first exercises.

How on earth I am supposed to memorise these meditations is beyond me. I suppose I could record them and play them back....

I don't believe one has to chant strange "God" names in Certain order in...
Published on 31 May 2008 by Emma S. Quinton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Most interesting book I've read, 16 Nov. 2004
This review is from: How to Meet and Work with Spirit Guides (Llewellyn's How to) (Mass Market Paperback)
This is by far the most interesting book I have read. I have been curious about spirit guides etc for a long time and always felt as if something or someone was watching over me. I have not finished reading this book yet but have got quite far through it. I have already established the name of my spirit guide thanks to this book, just need a bit more practice etc and see what happens. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 15 July 2002
sue hanmore (Bristol, Avon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having been in a development circle for two years. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to develop their psychic awareness. You will never want to put this book down or part with it as it's very informative with exercises for visualisation and instructions on how to meet your spirit guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars ENGROSSING READ, 30 Aug. 2000
Peter Uys "Toypom" (Sandton) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
What an addictive read, straightforward and easy to understand, dealing with the types of spirit guides, the middle pillar and mystic marriage exercises, fragrances that attract guides, a fascinating section on the guardian angels with their symbols, sounds and colours plus sections on nature spirits (those gorgeous little sprites, sylphs, salamanders & gnomes) and animal totems. I happened to be reading Robert Anton Wilson's Cosmic Trigger Vol. 1 at the same time and found full confirmation there of at least one type of nature spirit. I found the book so engrossing that I didn't stop long enough to properly do the exercises so I cannot at this stage confirm whether they really work in establishing communication - once or twice I did get a feeling of otherwordliness though, when doing the mystic marriage. But merely reading it certainly raises one's awareness. This volume is well illustrated to explain the exercises, energy bodies plus the aforementioned symbols of the archangels. Includes a bibliography for further reading. I recommend the book strongly since it encapsulates all the necessary information in one place, whereas other self-help books carry only bits and pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting Book, 15 Nov. 2005
By A Customer
I bought this book and now sit in a development circle I am a flegling Medium. This book is very intersesting and gives you a good idea of the thngs you can expect and exercises you can use to develop your sesitivity. But for real instruction find a development circle at a Spiritulist Church near you, You'll find the book makes a first class companion to your journy into understanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GODSEND!!!, 8 July 2004
My mystical abilities began to manifest in my late teens. I did not know what what was happening to me, only that God was unveiling a Divine gift. The only problem...it came with no instructions! I began my search through my church but to no avail. After several years of struggling for answers, I came across Mr. Andrews' book. Words alone cannot express how helpful and enlightening this book was to me. I highly recommend it to anyone who has a desire to learn more about the spiritual realm and our human ability to reach out from the inside. Mr. Andrews, you have my deepest gratitude.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 24 Mar. 2010
Lisa Maynard "Mrs Kasani" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I have owned this book for at least 10 years and have only now begun to appreciate the depth of the exercises and advice that Ted has given. I think when I was younger I just really wanted to skip over the parts that insisted upon practice, practice, practice! This book is worth buying just for the 'Middle Pillar' and 'Mystic Marriage' exercises. There is so much common sense advice in here, especially regarding the dangers of the ego and being prepared to test spirit to find your true guides. It's just written simply, without pomp or grandiose, and we need more writers like him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ted Andrews - Brother In The Light., 22 Aug. 2011
Make no mistakes, this book has been written very simply.

Ted has cut out all the crap that most armchair esoteric authors usually pile in and gets straight down to business. The exercises contained within this book are actual little gems that the more they are done, the greater the benefits you instantly feel within your life.

If you believe this to be your path, conversing with teachers & spirits will help you throughout this current life & in to the next if you still have work to do. I cannot recommend this book enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant Put It Down, 31 July 2003
This book is superb, I cant put it down, I have not read a book since I was at school 10 years ago, but with this Ted Andrews book he is so clear and easy to understand.
I would recommend any of his books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Very good!, 27 Sept. 2006
Hewitt's book is fantastic. i honestly can't put it down! he gives clear, costuctive exersises and stories that really grip you. Well done!

4.0 out of 5 stars great book if you believe that spirit guides exist!, 13 Aug. 1999
By A Customer
hard to rate - some is far out - but I found the section on animal guides to be just what I was looking for. Great visualization exercise. A lot of information for a very little money - a book worth getting

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

How to Meet and Work with Spirit Guides (Llewellyn's How to)
How to Meet and Work with Spirit Guides (Llewellyn's How to) by Ted Andrews (Mass Market Paperback - Oct. 1992)
Used & New from: £0.01