5.0 out of 5 stars Great for old, slow guys like me!
Published on 18 July 2006 by L. A. Kane

2.0 out of 5 stars not very good really
the book isn't set up all that well, it could of been made easier to follow it also could of included hell of a lot more martial art disciplines
Published 17 months ago by Dai Pippen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for old, slow guys like me!, 18 July 2006
L. A. Kane (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Speed Training: How to Develop Your Maximum Speed for Martial Arts (Paperback)
I have a library of over 240 martial arts books. Many are in mint condition; stuff I've read only once, didn't finish, or never got around to. Christensen's are all dog-eared with sticky notes and scribbles in the margins, solid material I read over and over again. As always his advice is practical, useful, and easy to read. I really like the drills he's come up with in Speed Training. I have found them effective not only for myself, but for my students as well. I've been doing martial arts for over 30 years. If he can make this old dog faster, changes are his advice will work for you as well!

Lawrence Kane

Author of Surviving Armed Assaults, The Way of Kata, and Martial Arts Instruction

5.0 out of 5 stars This book could save your life!, 30 Oct 1998
By A Customer
Everyone remembers Bruce Lee as one of the fastest and best Martial artists EVER and many try to follow in his footsteps, many fail. Think of this book as a textbook to follow along the long road to speeed. It will provide you with EVERYTHING you need for the training besides a posotive atitude and the equipment. Within a few weeks you will noticibally faster, and when it comes to actuall combat, be it on the street or in the Dojo you Will be ready!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Sense Ideas, 3 Jan 2004
The makority of the ideas in this book come from the authors own experiences, which mean that they are tried and tested. I can't give it 5 stars as I can't do all the training techniques (lack of training partner). I have learnt positive thinking and relaxation techniques, and yes I am faster. Worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book packed with drills, ideas and author's experience, 5 April 2011
J. Bacik (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
It was great book to read, although it will take long time before I will go through all these tips, techniques and exercises. Many of them require training partner. Some of them, are just great ideas on how to improve the real speed, speed perception and how to deceive opponent.

I have tried some of the techniques during my weekly sparrings - and at first it was hard as my opponents did not know that I am trying out new stuff - but as I finally "got the idea", I started getting all the points.
Definitely recommended!

2.0 out of 5 stars not very good really, 8 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a fantastic book, 20 July 2013
great book with lots of details physical anatomy and how it works. and everything about how to gain speed. after following this book i have become fast and also has made my perception better by perception training.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as I had hoped, 21 Feb 2014
I have the utmost respect for Loren Christensen as a writer, a person and a fellow martial artist but this book is a disappointment. There is a lot of content but for me only a very small section is of use so personally there is no value for money. If you are a complete beginner and have a need to learn about nutrition, exercise, muscle types then this is the book for you. I had the Kindle version which also had content error.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to adapt into your training, 17 April 2012
This book is an easy read, filled with tips which anyone can adapt into their current training schedule. Like all good books, it starts at the start, concentrating on your mindset and giving exercises to help relax your body quickly and under pressure (particularly useful for me as as soon as I get hit I tense up & therefore slow down). The book continues, discussing food weights and fast twitch muscles.

I recommend this book for anyone who has covered their basic fight training and constantly has their coach in their ear telling them they are too slow, too tense or too grounded (in my case all of the above). Go for it!

Speed Training: How to Develop Your Maximum Speed for Martial Arts
Speed Training: How to Develop Your Maximum Speed for Martial Arts by Loren W. Christensensen (Paperback - Jan 1996)
17.21