on 16 March 2010
If, like me, you have picked up a few ancient coins here and there and are wondering if it is something you should develop, this book is for you. Providing an introduction to collecting ancient coins- what and where to buy, how much to pay, how to keep them looking good, and how to spot fakes - as well as a full overview of the main categories of ancient coins, this book is an invaluable resource. After reading it, coin catalogues started to make a lot more sense to me and I became better at judging what makes a coin worth buying. This book is also the first of a series, the others examining each geographical region for ancient coins in greater depth. With many coin books being extremely expensive, I recommend Ancient Coin Collecting as containing all the information a beginner will need in an easy-to-read and stimulating format.
on 28 May 2013
Very informative.Contains the information I was looking for well set out, and very helpful for the novice collector. I have bought other volumes in the same series.