5.0 out of 5 stars Most thorough book on Barbies I have ever read!, 29 Aug. 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: The Ultimate Barbie Doll Book (Hardcover)
You thought you saw one at one time, you probably did, and you havent seen it since. Then can be sure that you'll find it in this book. Personally, I found dolls I had as a child and were lost in the back corners of my memory. For hours I would play endearingly with my Barbies. How could I have ever forgotten about my Live Action PJ? Or what about my Living Barbie? All the wonderful times of digging in my doll trunk for clothes and shoes, all brought back to me so clearly with the help of this book. I was given memories of things I had long forgotten only because of the completeness of this book. I read it and re read it all the time, constantly saying, "Oh! I forgot about this!" and "Hey I remember that! My sister had her!" These kind of comments are most usually followed up with, "Wow, I would have never thought that they would have been worth THIS much today!" Of couse, those are the prices that I pay now to rekindle the feelings of youth through purchasing vintage dolls......Ahhhhhh...but this is only MY reason for collecting and my reason for enjoying this book so much! Thank you for your time and enjoy your dolls! -Angie!-

5.0 out of 5 stars A good guide, 4 Oct. 2011
This is a good referance book and I am very pleased with it, the only bad point for me is it doesn't have any european versions and as I live in the uk there are some dolls I still couldn't identify. Don't let that put you off though It is a super book to own for all barbie fans ,everything is easy to find and has super pictures, it also tells you the clothes and accesiories that came with each doll.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of "The Ultimate Barbie Doll Book" by Marcie Meillo, 27 Feb. 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: The Ultimate Barbie Doll Book (Hardcover)
This book REALLY is the ULTIMATE! No Barbie Doll Collector should be without
it! I loved the full color pictures of each doll, a Full length shot of the doll in the box, and close up on the face.
The lists of accessories that each doll came with is indepensable to someone trying to complete a doll!
The Face Picture help identify dolls by hairstyle and makeup..I cannot praise this book enough!
It also is a great "Wish Book"!

The Ultimate Barbie Doll Book
The Ultimate Barbie Doll Book by Marcie Melillo (Hardcover - Dec. 1996)
Used & New from: £16.57