Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 September 2013
This is an excellent book on the different weaves that you can master easily & without tears or throwing the pliers out of the nearest window.

I have just mastered the Jen's Pind in half an hour. I'm so happy, it's a beautiful weave

The instructions & drawings of each new weave are easy to follow.

Sometimes, just studying the diagrams first then reading the written part you can soon pick it up.

I have had the courage to make several of her weaves & they all look exactly like the ones she makes in her book. It can't get any better than that.

I have got my Best Beloved to buy me her other book on Chain mail for Christmas.

Buy it & I know you can make Chain mail weaves with the best of us

Enjoy
on 24 July 2013
Very good book for making chain mail jewellery. Love the designs and the instructions are fairly easy to follow. The aspect ratio charts are very useful as is the explanation on how to calculate the ratios. The explanations are clear and the pictures are handy to have. The projects look complex but are actually quite easy, even for a novice like myself. The only down side is the material suppliers listed are in the USA and shipping to the UK from them is just not cost effective. Overall this is a great book for projects and giving a basis for your own designs.
on 20 July 2013
There are some really lovely pieces in this book, unfortunately most are made in sterling silver, I only do it as a hobby so don't use sterling silver. Some of the jump ring sizes you cannot get here in the UK (this book is from the USA. I do find it very frustrating that I can't buy what I need
on 9 February 2013
A delightfully refreshing new look at chain mail with lots of very clear instructions and step by step photos and diagrams.
on 30 December 2012
Beautiful designs and would have been a much used book but sadly a major printing error on pg90. It had horizontal lines running through the working diagrams making them illegible therefore useless. Seems nobody proof read the book before it was released after the print run, What a shame - such a waste of money with the ensuing returns!
on 5 October 2014
Excellent book. Lots of designs and projects to try out.
This does not assume prior knowledge of chainmaille, so would be suitable for a beginner.
That said, experienced maillers will have come across some of the weaves, but there are still useful and interesting takes on what may be familiar themes.
No complaints, and highly recommended.
on 13 July 2013
More advanced for the confident chain mailer. Gives a completely different look to chain maille designs and takes some concentration
on 31 July 2013
Clear instructions, beautiful pictures and can't wait to make the projects. The picture aid the making of the projects. thank you
on 24 September 2013
this is a lovely book, also with clear and concise picture to follow. Tips and techniques are a great source of knowledge
on 20 March 2014
This book is contains lots of designs and the instructions are easy to follow. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that, like most publications on chain maille, this one only gives ID measurements (others only give OD measurements) for the jump rings. I buy my jump rings from 3 different suppliers and they also vary in the type of measurement given. I would dearly love to find a publication that has both!!