Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 November 2007
If your are interested in bead embroidery then i would highly recommend this new book. There is a page on each bead artist ( Heidi and Sherri) which is great as so often these beading books seem anonymous! It is full of beautiful pictures as well as techniques, step by step pictures and projects. It would make a lovely gift for someone. This is a book I won't be giving away and will refer to again and again! Also I didn't know that you can dye the Lacey's Stiff Stuff to suit your colour scheme, I found that a very handy tip!! It really is inspiring go on treat yourself!
on 28 May 2011
The instructions are detailed yet simple to follow and the diagrams make sense. The projects it contains are not only good practice but help to show the wide range of items that can be created through beading. I am working on a necklace at the moment and after only an inch of beadwork I am thrilled at what I have been able to create thanks to the guidance in this book. The photographs of their work are very inspirational and the level of detail they are able to create is amazing, it's a major confidence boost to know that the ideas in your head can actually become finished pieces.

I did expect a little bit more from this book information wise. For a beginner like myself I would definitely recommend it as it gives a very good ground work to build up from and develop your own techniques and methods. If you already have some experience with beading I'm not sure this book could teach you anything new, but if you need some inspiration or just like looking at shiny pictures then you may want to buy it anyway.

The only other problem I've had is that this book has become very worn very quickly. The inside pages are not so bad but the front and back covers and the spine gained a very frayed and tattered look after only a few weeks, it now looks like I've had it for years.
on 2 October 2009
I bought this book after months of debating and boy am I sorry I didn't buy it sooner! This book is really lovely and so well written. It starts with a page introducing each of the two artists and then takes you through all the equipment etc you need (which thankfully isn't too tedious like some other bead books I have which are very samey samey as regards the intro bit).
The book then takes you through various techniques right from initial ideas, design, colour, stitches, fringes etc. Then there are the projects which are varied from brooches, earrings, bracelets and neck pieses and trinket boxes.
The book ends with a beautiful gallery of the two artists work and it is absolutely brilliant for inspiration. I too just sit and stare for ages at the pictures as there are lots of close ups and you can just let your imagination run away with you!
I have started a small neck pendant as a beginner project, something I would always have loved to do but never just knew how to go about it and more importantly how to put it all together when the stitching was finished. Now I can't wait to finish it and get started on a million other project!
Thanks to the authors for their wonderful work and for sharing their techniques so we can all have a go at bead embroidery!
BUY IT! YOU WON'T BE SORRY!
on 25 August 2010
I bought this book as part of a collection I have been putting together as personal inspiration. This book is very well written and I particulalry though the insights on the two authors gave great credibility to the content

Techniques are shown in good detail and I loved the learning points of what you might come up against as a beginner. You do feel as if you are in an Art Gallery of jewellery and if this doesnt inspire you nothing will.

So I'm working on a design, yes I paid especially close attention to what had to ne said about this stage and hope to create something soon

Buy - you will find yourself looking at it constantly!
on 11 February 2011
HELLO,
I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO DO WITH BEADS, BEEN TO BEADING CLASSES FOR A GOOD MANY YEARS AND ENJOYED IT ,
WHEN I SAW THIS BOOK AND LOOKED AT IT THE PICTUES THEY ARE STUNNING AND EACH PERSON HAS GIVEN US A LOOK IN TO THERE LIVES WHICH I FIND INTERESTING SO I AM NOW HUNTTING IN MY BEADING BOXES TO SEE WHAT I CAN FIND AND HAVE A GO ,YOU WONT REGRET BUYING IT ,
KIND REGARS Faith x
on 11 January 2011
This is one of my favourite books so far. These two ladies are the tops in bead embroidery. If any of my work turns out half as good as theirs I shall be happy. The instructions are very clear but just be aware the pictures make the items look a lot larger than they actually are. Not a beginners book but it is great if you are ready for a challenge with your beadwork.
on 28 May 2010
The necklace on the front cover is just a sample of the innovative and sumptuous designs within. I looked through the book amid oohs and aahs of appreciation, and felt inspired to go out and collect artefacts to incorporate into creations of my own.
on 13 July 2009
I have read this book from cover to cover several times. I spend hours looking at the pictures. I have difficulty in putting it down as it calls to me demanding to be looked at again and again!!
on 1 October 2014
amazing work, if you want to make this kind of thing it is a good book. I bought the book then realised I have no patience for tiny beads at all! The gallery at back of the book is really interesting to see the different styles.
on 11 May 2013
Heidi Kummli and Sherry Serafina - both masters of the beaded cabachon embroidery technique - present their own ways of making these beautiful pieces of wearable embroidered art. Good instructions and plenty of examples.