5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTLY FANTASTIC!!!!!
Published on 13 July 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really my usual type of book
But I actually enjoyed this read. Some strange wording perhaps due to translation bug not so bad as to make the authors thoughts impossible to follow.
Published 17 months ago by T. Moffatt

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTLY FANTASTIC!!!!!, 13 July 1999
This review is from: Ki in Daily Life (Paperback)
I practice this form of ki with the Honolulu Ki Society and have been having problems developing my ki. I have read this book and within one week I feel a great difference in my life. my attitude is getting so much better and problems I was having with different people are now subsiding. I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in improving their life! I know from personal experience that ki is real and it does work.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good application of the power of Aikido, 15 Jan 1998
This review is from: Ki in Daily Life (Paperback)
As a shodan (1st degree black belt), I found the book very helpful in applying the principles learned through the study of Aikido and using them in my day to day life. Some of the information may seem very deep, but the book overall is very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful stress management techniques easy to do but powerful., 10 Sep 1999
This review is from: Ki in Daily Life (Paperback)
I have been learning Aikido for 2 years now and after training I felt really good, but the feeling soon faded. By following the advice in this book I have been able to keep the feeling of calmness and general well being. The breating exercises I found particularly good as they can be practiced almost anywhere and anytime. A great help when I'm stressed out by the daily commute.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ki In Daily Life, 27 Jan 2009
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Ki in Daily Life (Paperback)
`Ki in Daily Life' is a wonderful book by Koichi Tohei explaining the principles and development of Ki and how to apply it in your daily life. It goes through step by step in ways of developing good Ki and focuses on breathing method as well. In the second section it looks at ways of applying what you've learnt as you sleep, get up, eat, move, speak and more besides. It also has chapters with guidelines for those learning how to develop Ki, as well as for those teaching. This has clear photography and the writing is easy to read in one sitting, as well as being easy to regularly refer back to. I bought this book to help with my Aikido practise, but you could easily use it on it's own and do not need to practise a martial art to benefit. This is a short, but insightful book from an inspirational Sensei.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

4.0 out of 5 stars Peaceful, 12 Aug 2009
This review is from: Ki in Daily Life (Paperback)
Interesting insight into the spirituality of Ki, but through practical application. I think I almost understand it! Not like some of the other horribly complex philosophical tracts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 21 Jan 2006
This review is from: Ki in Daily Life (Paperback)
This book is so full of truth and it is a good manual for staying on the right path. beeing one with body and mind. Its so pure, Tohei sensei is a very special person with many things inside him and he shares these whit us. This book made my life so much different. Thank you Tohei Sensei

4.0 out of 5 stars aiKido in daily life, 19 Aug 2009
J. A. J. Dekkers "Bimu" (europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ki in Daily Life (Paperback)
interesting book about Ki in a Japanse aikido point of view. I think the book will help me understanding Ki and the bodyconditions for a good Ki.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, but not convinced, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Ki in Daily Life (Paperback)
Lots of practical tips and exercises. Detailed and interesting. But I find that having the right attitude is way more powerful personally in terms of getting results in my own life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really my usual type of book, 27 July 2013
T. Moffatt (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ki in Daily Life (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent introduction into an important concept, 23 Dec 2009
Mr. Greg Sawers (Glasgae, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ki in Daily Life (Paperback)
Tohei Sensei's great skill is to simplify an otherwise cryptic and mysterious topic for the Western mind.

By highlighting simple ki development exercises he allows people to gain an understanding of an abstract metaphysical topic that has often been closely guarded by teachers of the East.

The lesson of this book is that ki development does not end when stepping off a dojo mat. By focusing on how the 'mind leads body' Tohei Sensei shows how greater cultivation of ki leads to improved attitudes, mentality, spirit, energy, health and empathy.

Whilst Aikido is a martial art and teaches self-defence it is also a metaphor for how we choose to live in the world. Ki in Daily Life adds to this teaching by showing us how to be calm, relaxed and centred so that we can deal with life in a positive way.

Ki in Daily Life
Ki in Daily Life by Koichi Tohei (Paperback - Dec 1978)
Used & New from: £13.98