on 27 November 2011
I find this book as very good. It's determined specially for all people interested in kobudo weapons. The book is about two weapons - sai and nunchaku. Bigger part, approx. 120 pages for nunchaku and 50 for sai.
Contens: Short history, Anatomy of both weapons (also in Japanese), Nunchaku - stances, kamae, basic furi techniques, kumite and kata, Sai - positions, basic movements, kata and some kumite.
I don't know this kata with nunchaku, but uses some parts like in Maezato no nunchaku by Shinken Taira, teacher of author. So guess that this kata was made by author. Kata with sai - Tawada.
Author wrote this book in 1974, for that time it's an excellent book, specially for nunchaku which is done in deepness with details. That's pity that there are no other books about other weapons made in the same way.
Many other authors have used informations from this book for their own books.
I'm satisfied and very happy to bought it, I recommend not only to all kobudo enthusiants.
on 21 July 2015