5.0 out of 5 stars Mad isn't bad a childs book about anger
This is a beautifully written and illustrated book. Each page has a different scenario that tackles when, where and why a child might get angry. It shows children it's not bad to be angry and what they could do with their anger.

Published on 9 Dec 2009 by Julay

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing ending?
Published on 16 April 2010 by S. Evison

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing ending?, 16 April 2010
S. Evison (Lincs, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mad Isn't Bad: A Child's Book about Anger (Elf-Help Books for Kids) (Paperback)
Fantastic book in every way, brilliantly written, fab pictures ... but beware the religious ending!!! If you are religious this book is to be highly recommended, however, if you're not then the last couple of pages spoil a good book in my opinion. Had I been aware of the content prior to purchase I would have chosen an alternative, however, having bought it anyway it's definitely ok and a good opportunity to address anger issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mad isn't bad a childs book about anger, 9 Dec 2009

I wanted this book to show the children anger is just another feeling and nothing to be ashamed of. Just looking at this book and talking about it makes them realise they are not alone.

Great little book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 31 Mar 2010
Free Spirit "shilo115" (North Wales, GB) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this book for my son who is autistic. He has problems with anger and tantrums due to frustration and I am trying to teach him ways of dealing with this emotion. My son is 8 and can't read but this is a book with a nice story which I can read to him. It is nicely illustrated which is important for autistic children.

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful tool, but not for everyone, 2 Feb 2011
I work with children and though this book is useful for teaching them that anger happens for a reason, can be used positively, and has some basic ways to cope I do need to be cautious about the beliefs of the people I work with because this book includes references to anger at God. For clients that believe in God, it is a very useful book, but atheist/ agnostic clients may be offended to have this part shared with their children.

1.0 out of 5 stars avoid unless you are christian, 15 Sep 2010
I bought this without realising its a religiously based( Christian) text.It talks of god and forgiveness etc( as in the christian god)
Were an agnostic family but my adhd/asd son is staunchly logical and leaning towards atheism making this book a complete waste of money for us..
I'd definitely avoid unless you are from a christian family... VERY disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book for youngsters, 29 Mar 2010
Ms. L. Coley (U.K) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my 6 year old son, hoping it would help him, and us as a family, find strategies for coping with his displays of anger. This book exceeded my expectations. Not only does he love looking at the beautiful pictures, but he asks for the book to be read to him every night. In his words "it makes him feel calm". He even asks that I read the 'forward' to him. I think it has made him make sense of his feelings, and has given him wonderful strategies for calming himself down. I thoroughly recommend this book to any parent/guardian with a child who is quick to get angry. Excellent value for money too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little book, 9 July 2010
Serena (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This book covered all my daughters issues, and she refers to it when she gets uptight and frustrated. Having Aspergers and adhd, sometimes she gets very upset and angry over the small things we adults don't think twice about. Sitting down with this book helps to calm her nerves and often getting to the problem by the end pages! Wonderful, insightful, colourful and definitely helped in my families case!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 6 Sep 2011
I bought this book for a friend who has an adopted son with reactive attachment disorder. He struggles a lot with anger and ways to deal with it in good ways and understanding where it comes from. This book was great. It gave good examples and different ideas for him and her on how to handle the problems. It was a bit too long and wordy for him as English is not his first language but we were able to translate it and simplify it to fit for him. A great book for helping children understand a little better that their feelings aren't bad and that there are different ways of coping with them. Of course it doesn't stop his anger but it is good for him to read that his anger is 'normal' and that there are ways to deal with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book for understanding anger, 23 Jun 2011
My 4year old was getting very angry and I bought this book to help her understand that feeling mad was ok but to express it in different ways and the book hit the right note

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful resource, 11 Jun 2011
A great book to help children to understand thier feelings and how to deal with them in a constuctive manner.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Mad Isn't Bad: A Child's Book about Anger (Elf-Help Books for Kids)