Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 February 2012
Wow, what a book.

I don't personally go as far in the "back to basics" approach that Mr Greer sees as the outcome of the crises, but his analysis of the past, and the present (which at the point of writing in 2008 was not there yet - a lot has changed!) is so accurate, I can't but be amazed. If a person who's not watching TV (I presume) has this much sharpness of focus and a splendid, nice way of putting it on text, offending us only slightly but loving even more, we should all get rid of our tv's!

Seriously, though. I think this is the best map so far on the 21st century. Read it. Disagree, work against it, but read it.

I'm placing the front page of my startup having a short review of this book. Never done that. It's *that* good. I salute you, Mr. Greer!
on 2 March 2013
I don't review often, perhaps less than would be fair, but i will with this as i think Greer's message if more widely heard might, just might, help us all deal with what's coming. I'd also point out that unlike some other appreciative reviewers who seem to 'forgive' Greer for being a druid his writings have made me want to become one myself. Get a copy, read it and then lend it around.
on 29 December 2012
We should all read and consider this idea, it seems the most likely outcome of our current situation I have ever come across!
on 10 October 2014
Greer is the best nonfiction author around energy descent, bar none.
on 22 April 2015
Very interesting and worrying, but possibly overtaken by events.