on 26 September 2013
An interesting story of the hardship suffered by people who did not even see the railway. The differance between races under this kind of stress is very noteable. The more I read about peoples in war the more often it appears the Australens fare better than most.
on 4 September 2015
A good book, but I was initially a little disappointed by the 'stiff upper lip' attitude towards all the suffering and misery. Later in the book it does go more into that side of it though.
on 19 July 2013
From start to finish this was such a good book,I really like it when I cant wait to read the next chapter.Its top of my list to recommend.
on 20 November 2013
Well worth reading .book I will read over again and still enjoy the fantastic story .download this book if you haven't already done so
on 14 March 2014
Brilliant story, holds your attention from start to finish.
Interesting to understand what happened by the people who lived it.
on 11 March 2013
Enjoyed this book. Gives the reader an idea of the conditions and hardship the Prisoners had to endure as guests of the emperor.
on 29 April 2013
I had a cousin who was a prisoner of the Japanese but never discussed it this gives a on-site to the suffering they went through
on 22 May 2014
Harrowing first hand tale of captivity by Japanese. Lest we forget and some were treated far worse than Mr Wade
on 23 August 2014
Shocking and interesting at the same time
on 14 December 2015
Great Item - Quick Service.