5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, straight forward and always successful
Donna Hay could turn the most reluctant cook into a food guru.
Published on 1 Nov 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars brilliant chef
Loved the book and i ove Donna hay, have lots of Donna hay recipe books she is a fantastic chef
Published 1 month ago by Np

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, straight forward and always successful, 1 Nov 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The New Cook (Paperback)
Donna Hay could turn the most reluctant cook into a food guru.
The picture per recipe layout makes your mouth water before you've even looked at the ingredients list and gives you the inspiration to make the simplest of food look like it's been cooked my a masterchef. All the recipes are quick and easy and I haven't discovered one recipe yet those instructions have caused me to throw down my spatula and charge out of the kitchen in despair.
I always refer to this book as my food bible, though it's helped me amaze so many friends that it's a religion I'm not too willing to share.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to make, heart racing photographs, inspiring fusion food adventures, 13 Aug 2006
This review is from: The New Cook (Paperback)
bought both The New Cook and soon after, Entertaining, during the same month due to the interesting food pairings and fusion of different ethinic cooking styles. I have not been dissapointed. Most of the recipes are extremely SIMPLE to make yet real crowd pleasers! I feel confident enought with this cookbook to make a recipe for a dinner party, without taste-testing it first! (Not many cookbooks inspire me to do this!) I am an avid cook and have a library of cookbooks. I've had this one for years, and while I leave it for awhile while I drool over my latest book, I always come back to it. The variety and richness of the flavors in this book continually inpsire my desire to create in the kitchen. The photograhs get your heart racing, and i really enjoy just browsing through it to learn about interesting food pairings and get inspired about the unusual flavor combinations I'll be making for dinner. If you'd like a little food adventure, this one's for you!

3.0 out of 5 stars brilliant chef, 5 Jun 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Very used second hand, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: The New Cook (Paperback)
Half pages stuck together in a minor way which could be separated without damage but a few were more seriously stuck and suffered damage in being prized apart. Luckily these only affected uninteresting recipes and were few.
Otherwise perfectly usable and will be enjoyed along together with two further books from same seller and author that are in excellent condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: The New Cook (Paperback)
Love the photos and the layout and the recipes are lovely. Love Donna Hay and will definitely buy more of her cookbooks. Good for all levels of cooks .

4.0 out of 5 stars Donna heaven !, 29 Aug 2012
This review is from: The New Cook (Paperback)
Another wonderful book to add to my growing collection of Donna Hay books although I do feel her later edition cookbooks are more slick and inspiring. Well worth the money !!

The New Cook
The New Cook by Donna Hay (Paperback - 27 Mar 1998)
Used & New from: 0.01