4.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, 6 Jan 2013
Ag siúl (Galway, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Talkabout for Children: Bk. 2: Developing Social Skills (Paperback)
I haven't used this book with the children yet but the material in it covers a lot of the SPHE curriculum. I found it difficult to find proper lesson plans which were clear and which would help the children and this one covers a lot of what I needed. I should really have bought this book at the beginning but instead I bought a lot of different books which covered a little of this and a little of that. I think the children would quite like this book as well though the older children might find the pictures a little childish so I also got the Talkabout for Teenagers which I will combine with this book for older children. Also I contacted Alex Kelly directly to ask her advice on which books I should use with the age group I'd be working with and she was very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Talkabout for children 2, 29 Jan 2013
As a learning mentor in an inner city school this book has come in very handy. From the child friendly diagrams to the step by step lessons this book covers all things social skills to arm our children with important life skills. I would recommend this book to proffessionals and parents (the real proffessionals) alike as there are invaluable lessons for us all. I'm a big Alex Kelly fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars School Purchase, 23 Jan 2014
I bought this bought for our school's SEN teacher. We ahve a number of children with SEN needs and this book is ideal for those children.

Talkabout for Children: Bk. 2: Developing Social Skills
Talkabout for Children: Bk. 2: Developing Social Skills by Alex Kelly (Paperback - 30 Sep 2011)