on 16 July 2001
As a psychotherapist working with children and adults, I am always on the look out for good therapeutic stories. This is a lovely examply. Beautiful illustrations and the story appeals to the unconscious longings of all age groups. Well worth buying. My 6 year old loved it too!
on 17 May 2011
Excellent book, I have an 8 year old foster son who's personal issues with attachment and loss are crushing him emotionally, which in turn is affecting his ability to achieve academically and socially. After a bad day at school I read this story to him. He really identified with the frog in the story. It helped him realise he's not the only child and sent a little message home to help him to try to move forward with his life. Books like this one are invaluable to me in helping him to find the right tools to cope with his life situation.I would recommend it to anyone working with children in care.
on 1 June 2011
As a learning mentor, I collect books to read in school to some young children who at times with emotional problems, where we discuss what is happening in the book and is amazing to hear how the children at times relate the stories to themselves, and this story has been read a few times already regarding friendship problems. Lovely story. Arrived quick with no chasing up. Thank you.
on 29 March 2013
This is a beautiful and sensitive story to help children who have suffered from wanting love from someone who can't give it or meet their needs. I've used it with my adopted children and it has been such a comfort to them. It's a wonderful story and makes sense to children and adults.
on 16 December 2013
A book for children who have been bereaved or loss of any sort good for parents and counsellors to read to their children
on 17 March 2013
This is a great story for anyone who yearns for lost love and belonging.If loss and longing can sometimes leave us feeling as though that's all we feel, reading this story somehow helps those feelings weigh a lot less.I did really feel emotionally lighter after I read it.
on 5 November 2013
My foster children really enjoyed this book. It put it into perspective for them, that it's ok to have sad days and not to feel guilt about being happy and moving on. It is also very useful for nurture groups or individuals when they have experienced losing someone special.
on 20 March 2015
sensitively and powerfully written. I have recommended to others and will look at getting others in the series. well produced in quality of materials and content.
on 22 November 2014
My most favourite M. Sutherland book. So sad, but so helpful. Even to read to adults who struggle to understand a child's longing to see the moon (parent) smile.
on 2 July 2013
very colourful and helpful story line used a a thrid thing (Winnicott) enabling the child to distance self from the reality but relating to the story line