5.0 out of 5 stars This book is THE book
Having read many books on this topic, this one is by far the best. Not just great for those who have anorexia, but for the families and friends too. Simple, yet logical. Your definitive guide. Worth every penny
Published on 22 May 2005 by R. Houston

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money
Absolutely no help at all. Currently going through this horrible nasty terrible disease with a younger family member and trying to find as much help and support as possible. This book was recomended by our doctor but and to be honest at the moment we would take and do anything to help our child. It was no help at all talking about ow to talk to them what not to say and to...
Published 13 months ago by jane louise hands

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is THE book, 22 May 2005
R. Houston (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anorexia Nervosa: A Survival Guide for Families, Friends and Sufferers (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars a concise and focused book, 29 Nov 2004
By A Customer
At this point in my life I am struggling to keep my weight high enough to stay out of hospital. This book made the risks I am running clear to me as well as providing me with helpful ideas about how to conquer this awful illness. I am a long way from recovery but this book has definitely made a huge impression on me and is the only one I have read that has helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the most comprehensive and practical guide yet, 31 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This great book (and I have read many) is a clearly written, practical guide for sufferers and their families. Unlike some, the focus here is more on the signs that anorexia is affecting someone and the practical steps one can take to recover from it rather than an over-emphasis on the deep psychological causes. THE Anorexia bible. I wouldn't be without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book review, 28 Jun 2009
Mrs. M. Evesham (UK) - See all my reviews
This is an excellant book, easy to read and most helpful. I would recommend it to any family with a member suffering from this dreadful illness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for families new to this nasty illness, 16 Feb 2011
Our daughter has just been diagnosed with anorexia and we are struggling to understand the illness and how to deal with it.

This book is very accessible and you come out feeling there are others like you and that there is a hope of recovery. Easy to read and helpfully addresses your fears.

A practical guide for parents and an easy one to pass to my daughter in hope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful tool, 3 Oct 2013
I would recommend this to anyone trying to cope with a family member with an eating disorder.
It helped me to better, understand the behaviours of family in trying to cope with a teenager.
In reading this, I was able to understand 'what not to do' and it really did influence a positive outcome

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 6 Jan 2011
As a relative of someone suffering, this book has been invaluable. I thought I knew about this terrible disease. I did not. I learnt loads and I know it will help the rest of the family and our very dear sufferer too. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't recommend this slim book highly enough, 7 July 2014
Anorexia Nervosa: a survival guide for families, friends and sufferers.

I can't recommend this slim book highly enough. It is written for us shocked family members who knew absolutely nothing about anorexia, and for teachers and for anorectics themselves. It is written very clearly and accessibly, by one of our leading experts (Professor Janet Treasure,) and it fully explains everything you need to know about how, and why, and then what to do. It is a serious illness, but the book is written with great humanity and also humour.
This book cost me justs 1 as a 'used' book - the poostage cost more, but it is actually priceless.

Rita Craft, London.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, 23 May 2014
Full of insights, anecdotes and helpful information for families and sufferers. It gave us hope! I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 21 April 2014
Well explained in lay man's terms. This book was easy to read and very helpful. The illustrations were also thought provoking

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›