5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous collection of all the classics!
Published 21 months ago by Hubble Bubble

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best book, I thought I would be the original ...
Not the best book, I thought I would be the original Grimm tales but they are not, slightly disappointed for the amount spent of the book, does have a lot of stories but they are not that long only a few pages at the most including a page for a picture, good for kids but not the original tales
Published 4 months ago by Raveena chauhan

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous collection of all the classics!, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: An Illustrated Treasury of Grimm's Fairy Tales: Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Hansel and Gretel and Many More Classic Stories (Hardcover)
I bought this for my little boy who has been learning about traditional tales at school. I looked through a lot of books - many of the stories had been re-written, or interpreted by modern authors. I found one which had Rapunzel spending the night with the prince and getting pregnant...!!! I just wanted a collection of the best known fairy tales, which were true to the original stories and also nicely illustrated. This book had it all! There are 30 stories, some better known than others. The illustrations are simply beautiful, they are stunning!! The tales are pretty traditional in theme...Red Riding Hood does get eaten by the wolf, and the huntsman does cut the wolf open to save her and her Grandmother!! So maybe for some it's a little brutal, my six year old did gasp a bit but wasn't distressed at all and I remember just "accepting" the darkness of these traditional tales without being upset when I was little - indeed, one of the objectives of a fairy tale is to allow children to experience fear in a safe environment. I would definitely recommend this book, and at the current price I don't think there is anything else on the market to compare. I love it, and so do my two little boys!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 1 Jun 2014
Beautifully presented and illustrated; my two grandchildren love this book and it is a regular favourite for our bed-time stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grimm, 17 May 2014
Beautiful book my 6 year old can't put it down she even tries to take it in the bath with her.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best book, I thought I would be the original ..., 28 Aug 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really good for a three year old, 26 Aug 2014
Not really good for a three year old, not enough pictures but will still keep it for when she gets older

5.0 out of 5 stars For my granddaughter, 11 Feb 2014
I will tell you if she likes it in a few years . . .I like it very much x

5.0 out of 5 stars Grimms Fairy Tales, 22 May 2013
Don't know as it was a gift for my neighbours little girl so I can't tell you anymore as I haven't seen them recently..