5.0 out of 5 stars Magnus Fin and the Selkie Secret, 20 Mar 2012
This review is from: Magnus Fin and the Selkie Secret (Kelpies: Magnus Fin) (Paperback)
This is the third book in this series and I have loved them all. Although this book is aimed at children I could not put it down. The description and atmosphere created are wonderful. Janis Mackay captures the imagination and transports you into a fantastic world of sea creatures and highland life. You can feel the sand between your toes and smell the sea. Now that I have finished it I will read it again to my grandson, any excuse!!! Well done Janis..

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read!, 7 May 2013
I love the Magnus Fin series of books and hope the author plans to return when Magnus is older. This is such an engaging story and easy to follow. I read the books with my nephews and nieces when they holiday with me in the Highlands where the Selkies roam. The author deals with environmental issues in a way that children can understand while never straying from the adventure. Magnus, Tarkin and Aquella are such a brilliant characters and great role models for young people. I always miss them when the books end...until another child visits when we start all over again. Great read for children of all ages, especially those over 16!

4.0 out of 5 stars seal/boy series, 4 Nov 2012
D. A. Roberts - See all my reviews
Third children's story in the series about Magnus Fin the Selkie who has adventures in the sea off Northern Scotland.

Magnus Fin and the Selkie Secret (Kelpies: Magnus Fin)
Magnus Fin and the Selkie Secret (Kelpies: Magnus Fin) by Janis Mackay (Paperback - 23 Feb 2012)