5.0 out of 5 stars An All Time Favourite
Published on 23 Jan 2001 by Leigh

1.0 out of 5 stars How does this help
I bought this book to help my 2 year old get the idea of potty training. Sometimes the little princess falls off the potty, sometimes she puts it on her head and at the end, she wets herself. How does this help with potty training? Can see that shows that all is not simple and perfect first time, but surely she should get there in the end...?
Published on 12 Feb 2007 by Madame L

5.0 out of 5 stars An All Time Favourite, 23 Jan 2001
This review is from: I Want My Potty! (Little Princess) (Hardcover)
I have to admit that this book stayed on the shelf for a few months after its purchase. I bought it when I first tried to start potty training my little boy, but gave up due to lack of interest. However, he has since taken it off the shelf and asked me to read it and now loves it. He and his younger brother giggle wonderfully every time I read "nappies are yeuch" and it has even reactivated his interest in using the potty himself. For enjoyment purposes alone I can't rate this book highly enough, but the fact that there is an educational message there as well (even if my son doesn't realise it) makes it a winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 15 Nov 2005
This review is from: I Want My Potty! (Little Princess) (Hardcover)
Thrilled we found the little princess books, my daughter loved this book and I want my dummy, we were potty trained and dummyless within the week of these two arriving. We will be ordering more !!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book for toddlers, 6 Nov 1999
By A Customer
This is a fun and funny book for all parents and children going through the transition from nappies. The ilustrations are bright and attractive, with simple text accessible to those from around 18 months plus. Girls particularly like the princess and identify with her easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Want My Potty, 11 Jan 2003
By A Customer
My wife and I found this book most useful when potty training our first two children and are about to embark on training our third child!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An answer to a desperate parent's prayer!, 28 July 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: I Want My Potty (Hardcover)
I sent this book to the son of a friend. He was refusing to dispense with nappies in spite of being a very intelligent four year old. They read it together and he got the idea immediately. I can't promise that it will work that swiftly and effectively every time, but it might help!

5.0 out of 5 stars I want my Potty book, 11 Oct 2010
Mrs. S. M. Graham-taylor "Sarah GeeTee" (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a really wonderful book, and my little grand-daughter who will be 3 in November, loves it. She can quote most of it as we read it, and requests it every time she comes over.

My only quibble is that the Little Princess says "I WANT my potty" frequently, as do other members of her household. Since we are trying to train her not to say "I want" it would have been better if the author had had her saying "I NEED my potty" instead. However, we read it to her as "I need" and when she learns to read and can see that it says "I want" we can explain why we changed the wording - and hopefully by then she will see why!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book - but wrong edition!, 27 Jun 2008
This review is from: I Want My Potty (Paperback)
I love this book - but beware - I bought the cheapest paperback edition, but it turned out to be a US edition and uses the word 'diapers'. If you want your copy to say 'nappies' then don't buy the edition published by Kane Miller.

1.0 out of 5 stars How does this help, 12 Feb 2007

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best potty book for training, 23 May 2010
This review is from: I Want My Potty! (Little Princess) (Hardcover)
Am not too happy with the ending - the whole story is cute, but the ending to me shows that it's ok to get to the toilet too late and so the princess wets herself and the floor and this to me shows my toddler that's it's ok to do so. Not a good ending at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not useful for potty training!!, 26 Mar 2009
I bought this to help my daughter with her potty training, but all this book seems to do is show a little girl fall off a potty, shove it on her head and eventually wet herself. Not really very helpful one bit for potty training, although I'm sure she'll find it amusing when she's been out of nappies for some time, but I won't be reading it to her until then.

ARRAY(0xa6463dbc)

I Want My Potty! (Little Princess)
I Want My Potty! (Little Princess) by Tony Ross (Hardcover - 24 Feb 2000)
4.49