5.0 out of 5 stars Simple elegance of poetic skill, 26 Sep 2000
Green Milo (Salmiya, Kuwait) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Morning Breaks in the Elevator (Paperback)
I first heard Lemn Sissay reading his poetry on the radio and this book includes several of those poems. A highlight of the book (as with his readings) is his discussions about how he views poetry, and particularly the way in which poetry should be presented to an audience. Whilst these comments are at the end of the book I strongly recommend the reader to read this before starting the up-lifting experience of enjoying the poems themselves. They will bring you up they will take you down and I assure you that you will enjoy the travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sixth copy., 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: Morning Breaks in the Elevator (Paperback)
I keep giving this away as I want the world to appreciate this poet. I just love his work and cannot commend it highly enough. This was my first of his volumes. As all good poetry should do, some of the pieces in here brought tears. Such a good poet. I may have to start a cmpaign to have him as a poet laureate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Morning Breaks in the Elevator, by Lemn Sissay., 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Morning Breaks in the Elevator (Paperback)
I bought this copy by Lemn Sissay as a gift for a young relative, influenced by having heard and seen the author acting out one of his longer poems from this issue. His talents in many respects - lyrical, musical, philosophical, passionately candid about his relatively young life - his clever play and value for words ' his discoveries - all shine through in comfortably easy poetry. There are interpretations for many ages to find, spurred on by the author's personal background story.... I am not sure about issues tackled in other copies, but would trust this very bright young man who travels extensively and spreads his warmth. I did feel that the cover and title might be more 'inspired' , though the .modern' element is reflected..

Morning Breaks in the Elevator
Morning Breaks in the Elevator by Lemn Sissay (Paperback - 15 Jun 1999)
8.34