4.0 out of 5 stars Curries that taste like the real thing
Published on 6 Mar. 2004 by Sally Loren

2.0 out of 5 stars favourite restaurant curries by pat chapman
I have tried various recipes from this book and have never had a success with any of them,they are quite complex in execution and do not resemble any I have eaten at top restaurants,or any I have created from other recipe books,they require large range of spices which I found unnecessary.very disappointing.
Published on 22 Dec. 2009 by Curry King

4.0 out of 5 stars Curries that taste like the real thing, 6 Mar. 2004
This review is from: Curry Club Favourite Restaur (Paperback)
When I first came to live in Germany curry restaurants simply didn't exist. The solution was of course to start making my own. I now have numerous curry cookbooks but by far and away the best are the books Pat Chapman has produced with Madhur Jaffrey coming a close second. The results are delicious and the dishes taste authentic. This book is easy to follow and has a lot of tips for time-saving steps you can do in advance. I particularly like the recipe for chicken jalfrezi and chicken korma - both a family favourite. It's a pity that the book is now so hard to obtain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite Restaurant Curries, 19 Oct. 2010
J. Robinson "Jem" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Curry Club Favourite Restaur (Paperback)
I've owned this book for more than 20 years and have replaced my well worn copy of this book and it's partner the Indian Restaurant Cook Book after giving them to a fellow curry lover now living in Brazil.

This is a fantastic book, the rice by absorption recipe on page 150 gives perfect restaurant style pillao rice every time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to Restaurant Curries at Home, 4 Nov. 2009
T. Starmore (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Curry Club Favourite Restaur (Paperback)
When I started cooking curries nearly 10 years ago, it was this book that was used to produce restaurant style curries in my home. I went mad on it, cooking a new curry almost every day :) Pat Chapman has a good way to explain the cooking process of restaurant quality curry in the average home. It is easy to follow and the results are worth all the effort.

The reason I have not given this 5 stars is because most of the recipes in the book involve pre making a gravy which takes time. Don't misunderstand me, its worth it but until you make the gravy lots, knocking up a curry in a hurry is not feasible but if you want to impress your friends this is the book to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Curry Club Favourite Restaur (Paperback)
Pat has done it again , great recipes, easy to do once you buy your initial batch of spice and store cupboard ingredients you will not look back. You will be surprised at the tastes and authenticity you can achieve.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 13 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Curry Club Favourite Restaur (Paperback)
I have cooked several of the recipes from this book and they are all delicious and just as good, if not better, than restaurant curries. A great buy for anyone who loves cooking Indian food.

2.0 out of 5 stars favourite restaurant curries by pat chapman, 22 Dec. 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars restaurant curries, 18 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Curry Club Favourite Restaur (Paperback)
This was bought as a replacement book, so we have already tried many of the recipes. It was received on time and in good condition

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Curry Club Favourite Restaur (Paperback)
i was pleased to find a new nice clean one as i used my other one the same so much it is covered in splashes

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Curry Club Favourite Restaur (Paperback)
A good combo with the balti bible

Curry Club Favourite Restaur
Curry Club Favourite Restaur by Pat Chapman (Paperback - 12 July 1989)
Used & New from: £0.01